Petition for droidth3ory to come back!

Kurupt

Reaction score
Not to take away from any of the other developers, but I really miss Jason's rom for the Gnex. It sucks some had to do what they did. I love the GNex. I have never had any device improve my life since the D1. Jason was the best at getting **** done right and if it wasn't he'd have an update the same day if not the next. It made me feel like my phone was a well tuned machine. It is now, but I couldn't imagine what 2.5 and beyond would bring.

I am not sure if he lurkes these forums anymore, but instead of a few bad apples running him off, maybe if we show him how much appreciate his work. He'll come back and hook us up with more good things to come? So just say thanks or something here and let's hope the message gets through. It sucks to look at new roms with 10's of pages deep and people are experiencing the problems they do, with droidth3ory, we don't have that problem.

Its not gonna work. He made his decision. I'm sure he has more important things in life going on

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Not exactly sure of the details as to why he stopped, but I know someone had to genuinely piss him off for him to stop sharing his hobby. I never tried his ROM but I am aware of it and the good reviews/experiences with it. From what I've heard he's made up his mind and will not be sharing any ROMs anytime soon. Sad to hear, but whatever happened in his situation you know it's pretty bad. Seems he just wants to move on, so I say let him be. He left the community on a bad note, let's not try to stir up those emotions for him.

someone jacked some stuff for the d1 a long time back and got banned from the forum, and eventually let back in. i dont know what happened here but im sure someone kanged his stuff and took credit. Thats a surefire way to piss off a developer

someone jacked some stuff for the d1 a long time back and got banned from the forum, and eventually let back in. i dont know what happened here but im sure someone kanged his stuff and took credit. Thats a surefire way to piss off a developer

Actually I think it may have been the opposite. I think someone may accused DT of kanging stuff in his roms...

I miss DT's work as much as anyone on these forums, his work in the thunderbolt was amazing and im currently running Axi0m 2.4. I doubt he will come back, but i'd sure be happy if he did.

Correct.

Someone accused him of using their code and he was pretty upset about it considering all the work he had done with Axiom.

Sadly online forums are a place where you can feel very let down by the negativity that many people choose to spew and it's a shame.

Correct.

Someone accused him of using their code and he was pretty upset about it considering all the work he had done with Axiom.

Sadly online forums are a place where you can feel very let down by the negativity that many people choose to spew and it's a shame.
+1

Especially when all you're trying to do is make the community better and providing another option in terms of quality ROMs. For someone to accuse me of stealing someone else's work would drive me over the edge especially if I put all that time and effort. Sadly, people online ruined a hobby for him. He didn't want donations or even recognition, he just wanted to put out a quality ROM that all of us can enjoy. If I were DT I probably would've handled it the same way if someone accused me of stealing work.

Sounds like a bunch of internet drama. But what are the details.

i always drop back in to see what's going on... is this the black droid drama coming back again? what a mess

I would love to see him back, but if it happens I dont think it will be soon. His site/twitter/G+ are all done, he made is decision :(

Still running Axiom with no desire to change.

DHO;1984155 Still running Axiom with no desire to change.[/QUOTE said:
same here, I may try PE when they release something. Sadly though axiom is going to be outdated sooner than later

never heard of him. this thread sounds like as the world turns :D

He wrote essentially the best ROM the Nexus has seen so far, a majority of ROM users were using it so it affects them quite a bit considering it will no longer be updated.

Back