Phone calling people on its own

fishstick600

Reaction score
My x is calling people on its own but its ringing on my end... I got a general answer from tech support with no reference on if its a common issue or not. Has anyone had this happen?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nm guys i figured it out. Its a stupid app

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

Could you talk please what App is it because I. have same issues with droid x & Vortex LG. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Yes can you please tell what the app is?

when i said it was an app what i should of said is its people using an app to prank call me... You enter two different peoples numbers and it makes them both ring and records the people when they answer

when i said it was an app what i should of said is its people using an app to prank call me... You enter two different peoples numbers and it makes them both ring and records the people when they answer

I don't have such application and I don't think that somebody of my friends could make such prank to me and to my wife. My droid x frequently starts calling to my wife it self. I thought it is because I am absolutely new with my smart phone and I do something wrong. I hang up and put the phone in the case or in the pocket when it is not completely off so it could make somehow call back later. Recently I've received voice mail from my wife's phone (LG Vortex) for about 17 minutes with all what she talked in the car when driving. My wife didn't make this call to me. The phone did it somehow on its own. Than I started to think that it might be not proper function of some preset application standard to droid x and LG vortex. The screen of my droid x is very sensitive and I don't know how to turn only the screen off. Sleep/power button sometimes works to put it in sleep mode but sometimes it is not. Phone power button frequently gives me only option to turn it off and I don't do it waiting some calls. Even being in the case hanged on my belt the phone wakes up when I accidentally push the case with my arm.
It happened very funny accident recently because of that. I was driving with my friend in his truck when my wife called me asking when we will be back. I was kidding that we are not birds and we will be back 15 minutes later, hanged up and put the phone into the pocket. My friend behind the wheel started to make jokes about women in general and about his wife especially. Meantime the droid x in my pocket called to the phone of my friend and left all his full of passion speech to his auto-recorder. You can imagine face of his wife when she met him later and how did he look at me because he didn't believe that the phone did it on it's own without my creepy participation. :)

Well im sure its totally possible you haven't lokcked your device and inadvertently dialed someone... I have done that but what the app I listed above does is a user puts in two different numbers and each ring .. when both answer it connects them and records the call... its really annoying. Do u use the call widgets? If so do u have the one touch funtion enabled? I leave mine off so I have to confirm before the call is made.

Well im sure its totally possible you haven't lokcked your device and inadvertently dialed someone... I have done that but what the app I listed above does is a user puts in two different numbers and each ring .. when both answer it connects them and records the call... its really annoying. Do u use the call widgets? If so do u have the one touch funtion enabled? I leave mine off so I have to confirm before the call is made.

Most friquently I use <<Recent calls>> icon and <<Dialer>> icon to call. Are thes icons related to the widgets or not?

I don't remember where the setting "one touch function" is. It seams to me I did something with this setting. Could you help me please with the pathway to find this setting?
Thank you for your help,
Alex

There's widgets you can make that take a contact and u can select the option to call or text them by touching it.. there's an option when u use it the first time to place the call once it's touched or make u confirm by touching it again. If u don't use those widgets then im not sure us inadvertently be able to open recent and dial... I wouldn't know how yo turn off the one touch setting because I've never used it before.

No I didn't download any external dailing widgets only preinstalled Apps. But iit seams to me the phone proposed to me ones to turn on ''one toch'' option and I accepred it. I don't confirm at least currently first dail click to call and I can not find it easy in the settings. It is most probably digged in deep in the menu options of the settings. Any way thank you very much for your input. It makes a lot of sense. I know at least where to be looking for cure. If I could turn off somehow sensittive screen/monitor & and wake it up from some physical button it would be cure for many ''problems'' including the battery charges. Power/sleep button sometime works but the other time it is not.

I didny ask if u downloaded any widgets. They r stock. . There should have been a few on your homescreen when u first got your phone.

My one touch dialing widgets are n ot located on the home screen.

I don't think its the widgets. My phone does this, my partners phone does this and my wifes phone does this.

It is getting very annoying....

My Droid X randomly calls people when I am using Motorola S10-HD bluetooth Headset listening to music....

Was thinking it was a problem with the headset...

I set the phone away from the treadmill and start running, randomly decides to call someone....

Insight on this would be appreciated?

Well i found out it was a prank app in my instance. . I dont know that i can explain all occurrences. If it just recently started I'm gonna say there's a pretty high chance its someone using the app evil operator because it just popped up. If its something that's been going on for a while now id say its a software issue.

Back