Phone won't charge to 100%

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I can't get my phone to charge to 100%. It only goes to 98%. I'm sure its my fault since I wasn't at 100% when I flashed a new rom.

Can I fix this by charging to 98% and than deleting batstats?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Mine kinda does the same thing, i've deleted battery stats and still when i unplug it it drops to 96-98% within about 2 mins or less. Not that im getting bad battery life, just an observation.

Does yours not go to 100% at all? I would let it charge for as long as it takes to get to "100% full" and reboot to recovery and wipe your battery stats and see where that gets ya.

Right, it won't go to 100% no matter what. I let it charge overnight and it still says 98% in the morning.

I'm just going to delete bat stats in recovery now that I'm at 98%

It does hit 100%. But then it stops charging and maintains it at 98-99%. Just take it off and bump charge it real quick if you want that extra 2%.

It does hit 100%. But then it stops charging and maintains it at 98-99%. Just take it off and bump charge it real quick if you want that extra 2%.

I'm not too worried about that extra 2%, just coming from the OG droid that never had 1% increments it probably did that all the time also, just never saw it. Makes sense though, not keeping it at 100% while on the charger, i would think that would have worse effects on the battery always trying to keep it "full".

Keep an eye on that I had a similar issue with the thunderbolt.....But it dropped to 80 then 60% for a full charge.....

Funny thing was if I took the battery out and put it in another device it showed charged but in mine it would drop in hours quick cause the phone thought it was much lower.

I tried clearing the stats for the battery and even changing ROM's. Ended up being defective and the store swapped it out.

I'm running a stock GN (second one) and have noticed that even when charging overnight, when I look at the display in the morning it will say full. When I look at batt or phone status it will show 99%. I can then unplug it and re-plug it and it will charge to 100%...seems like a glitch.

I'm running a stock GN (second one) and have noticed that even when charging overnight, when I look at the display in the morning it will say full. When I look at batt or phone status it will show 99%. I can then unplug it and re-plug it and it will charge to 100%...seems like a glitch.

Again, it's not a glitch. It's not good for a battery to keep it at 100% for long periods of time (ie overnight, every night). This is by design and extends the life of your battery.

I can't get my phone to charge to 100%. It only goes to 98%. I'm sure its my fault since I wasn't at 100% when I flashed a new rom.

Can I fix this by charging to 98% and than deleting batstats?

Mine did that (98%) the first few days I had it. I then noticed 99% but now it goes to 100%.

Again, it's not a glitch. It's not good for a battery to keep it at 100% for long periods of time (ie overnight, every night). This is by design and extends the life of your battery.

Thanks...I didn't know that.

Mine does this sometimes. I'm on AXIOM v2.1 with 1% battery increments and it's about 50/50 for me. Sometimes I'll charge and it will go to 100%, others it just stops and sits on 98-99% forever.

Back