Photo Gallery Live Wallpaper Question

NVash

Reaction score
So I just got some pics on the Droid and set up the Photo Gallery Live Wallpaper. I was happy to see such a thing was optional but sad to see it has one serious problem. My pics are taken in high resolutions, and I end up with someones arm as a wallpaper, a stomach as another, so on, and these are full body shots of family and friends. I went all throughout the Settings and tried to find some sort of option to shrink them so theyd be the same size as the screen but there isnt one. Am I not looking in the right spot? Is there such an option? Can anyone help?

Did you try to resize the orange box and adjusting to fit what you would like it to display prior to selecting "set wallpaper"?

Not originally, no, but I just went to try it out now and there isnt such an option. There is no orange box, you just choose the directory where the pics are, click Set Wallpaper and thats it.

I believe you are going into the gallery, finding the image you want and selecting "set as" wallpaper.

Better way to do it, hit menu on your home screen, wallpaper, then gallery.

when you select the image you want itll have a orange box in it, touch the edges of the box to make it bigger or smaller.

the box is constrained to the correct size, so itll size it correctly for the wallpaper

Nvash,

Your wallpaper scrolls through the pictures, or shows just one?

I am a touch confused because it's a 'Live Wallpaper', so I surmise it's supposed to scroll through them.

If that's the case, then I think you're having the same issue the other programs of that nature do. The best thing you can do is to edit down a series of pictures you like, put them in a new directory, and direct the lwp to that.

It's what I had to do with the Slide Show widget.

Its a Live Wallpaper, yep, and it scrolls through them. But since I dont have the orange box for regular wallpapers I end up with funny wallpapers such as two eyes and someones leg. Its really rather annoying. I have since changed wallpapers. I dont really think there is a way to fix this but I hope the developer might in an update sometime.

I dont even know if I can go and edit them to a reasonable size because I have no clue how to edit pics and I have no idea what the reasonable size would be.

So I just got some pics on the Droid and set up the Photo Gallery Live Wallpaper. I was happy to see such a thing was optional but sad to see it has one serious problem. My pics are taken in high resolutions, and I end up with someones arm as a wallpaper, a stomach as another, so on, and these are full body shots of family and friends. I went all throughout the Settings and tried to find some sort of option to shrink them so theyd be the same size as the screen but there isnt one. Am I not looking in the right spot? Is there such an option? Can anyone help?

Ive never seen this lwp? this downloadable lwp or something...

Yes, its a free app, search 'Photo Gallery Live' in the Market.

I dont even know if I can go and edit them to a reasonable size because I have no clue how to edit pics and I have no idea what the reasonable size would be.

You could use a photo editor software to resize your photos, some that come with a digital camera actually allow this. I think the optimum size for wallpaper on the Droid is 960x854. Not completely sure though.

Back