Pic Leaked For the HTC Droid Incredible X (aka DLX, aka DELUXE, aka J Butterfly)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-HTC-DLX-pic-1.jpeg

It seems like HTC has been having a hard time nailing down their favorite name for their new 5-inch phablet the Droid DLX. The HTC Butterfly J that was announced for Japan last week will be launched by Verizon sometime in the near distant future under the name HTC DLX, instead of the previously rumored Droid Incredible X name. This name isn't completely confirmed, so it could still go either way. Regardless, here is a spec recap:
  • 5 inch display with 1920 x 1080 pixels
  • Quad-core processor (likely Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro)
  • LTE connectivity
  • Beats Audio
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 8MP rear camera with Flash
  • 2MP front-facing camera
  • Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense UI 4+
  • 16GB of internal storage memory
  • 2,500 mAh non-removable battery

Verizon-HTC-DLX-pic-2.jpeg

Verizon-HTC-DLX-pic-3.jpeg

The Japanese version will launch in December of this year. No official word or confirmation has been given about when the device will actually come to Verizon, but the pics seem to confirm the rumint, and at least we have something to look at in the mean-time. Who is interested in this one?

Source: HTCOneForum via AndroidCentral

I'm liking it a lot. Nice specs and a decent battery. It has my attention. However the butterfly name has to go.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

im guessing they upped the battery? or is that a typo? in the last post about the phone it says it is only coming with a 2020mAh battery. Either way, i am impressed with the way it looks.

B

I bet we'll see this at CES 2013 and it will come out Jan or Feb.

SD slot and I am intrigued. Would be great if this, the new 5" Sony, and the Note II all live up to the hype.

Downside: non-removable battery. Upside: only if it has an SD card slot.

Unfortunately I've come to accept the fact that non-removable batteries are what most manufacturers are moving towards. I don't like them either but it's something that we might have to get used to.

Unfortunately I've come to accept the fact that non-removable batteries are what most manufacturers are moving towards. I don't like them either but it's something that we might have to get used to.

Believe me, I know. I hate it, but there's no way to change it. Unfortunately.

WooHoo Quad core on lte, WTG HTC! Finally HTC making phones I like for the first time ever this year! Give me this as a Nexus, or with pure vanilla android.

I prefer non-removable batteries actually. It allows devices to be thinner, allows manufacturers to use higher capacity batteries (such as the MAXX), makes the device feel more durable since the pieces are all securely connected, and improves weather resistance since it can be better sealed.

geoff5093 said:
I prefer non-removable batteries actually. It allows devices to be thinner, allows manufacturers to use higher capacity batteries (such as the MAXX), makes the device feel more durable since the pieces are all securely connected, and improves weather resistance since it can be better sealed.

I agree. Having a non-removable battery hasn't affected me negatively. But as a salesperson of phones, a lot of customers dislike not having a removable battery, simply because that's the way they've been for so long. They think it's easier to just pull out the battery when necessary, or change out batteries when one loses its charge. I've heard countless times, "what happens if the battery goes bad? Do I have to get a new phone???"

I agree. Having a non-removable battery hasn't affected me negatively. But as a salesperson of phones, a lot of customers dislike not having a removable battery, simply because that's the way they've been for so long. They think it's easier to just pull out the battery when necessary, or change out batteries when one loses its charge. I've heard countless times, "what happens if the battery goes bad? Do I have to get a new phone???"
The only downside I see is if the battery does die, or deteriorates drastically, that you will need to send it in for service rather than simply buying one yourself.

Am I the only person who thinks a 5 inch screeen is too big? I have a GN and feel that its pushing it 4.6(I believe) but 5 or more is just way to big unless the hole front of the phone is screen( no boarders)

Back