Poor 3G signal

It's garbage. We need to bombard vz with phone calls.
1x? Seriously?

hmmm yeah im wondering if its either the quality of the anntane(spelled wrong im sure) or if its a vzw issue, and just needs a software update to fix. I hope its just an update, because I thought HTC made good devices??

I'm guessing this is probably what cause all of the unconfirmed delays. They probably thought they had it fixed and released it. Sad thing is you can't do an ota update. Even though I live in a 3g area I can't use a ota update.

Seriously, everyone with this issue needs to report it. I just called tech support and was told it was due to the phone attempting to get the best signal possible. I changed the phone to 3g only and my dl speeds suck! I plan to go to my local corporatestore and report the problem.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

I spent 2 hours thursday with the CSR's trying to fix it. Then I spent an hour in my corp store up the street trying to fix it. They gave me a "trouble ticket" and said their network team would call me within 3 days to help find the issue. I'm betting dollars to donuts that its one of two things:

The LTE sim card

OR

Needs an OTA.

It could be both, but lets stay optimistic. And remember we ARE early adopters, so some of this is to be expected. Doesnt keep me from having a temper tantrum at work tho lol.

Did they agree that there was an issue with it? How did the signal compare with other phones in the store?

So big red is aknowledging the issue. Heres somebody over at ac saying the reps are putting it on the top!

Just spoke to Verizon Tech Support about the issue. They are aware, and it has been taken to the "highest level" for resolution. But I could not get them to commit to a time frame. But they did acknowledge that it is a network issue not a device issue.

I guess we just have to wait for a OTA fix. Baseband update im guessing...

its not a problem and can be fixed with a update. if you are having dropped call and 1x yea its a problem ..... if ur just complaining about having 1 or 2 bars in a spot where u had 4 bars with a D1 who cares your still getting service amount of bars mean nothing.. i had 1 bar and had a 1 hour phone conversation and it went fine and had 3 bars on my sis samsung and had 3 dropped calls in about 20 min.... just a example

Yeah it goes from 3g to 1x constantly in places I had strong 3g with my Droid. I know not to compare bars from one device to the next, but I get a "no network connection" error in places that I know my Droid would not do so. Hell, I took off my cover and got another bar... I just hope they push a fix before my 14 day return period runs out or this things going back to VZW as a faulty device!

Yeah it goes from 3g to 1x constantly in places I had strong 3g with my Droid. I know not to compare bars from one device to the next, but I get a "no network connection" error in places that I know my Droid would not do so. Hell, I took off my cover and got another bar... I just hope they push a fix before my 14 day return period runs out or this things going back to VZW as a faulty device!

yea that sounds good.... well what could u expect from a new device on a new network its def gonna have some problems

To be honest I expected 4G issues, not poor signal reception on 3g!

Depends on what is causing the problem I guess...

yes, im getting 1x as well. its **** really, i cant use facebook in alot of buildings because it wont load on 1x.

they need to fix it maannn.

whenever i do get 4G or 3G(i live in a 4G area) its i seem to get it for a few sconds or until i move my phone then it falls back to finding a network and in the meantime while it decides which is best i get no service and the device stops loading for about 10 seconds... it pisses me off cuz it always stops loading halfway through a 3G load and then goes to 1x and takes ages. i try to whip out my phone to show my friends that its better lol and i feel dumb sitting there on 1x and so i quickly say oh theres no reception in here! haha really tho something is wrong.... they need to fix it.

Well I bought this phone undet the impression that I would get better service and a better signal at work like my co workers do. They all use Verizon phones, and now that I finally have one, the signal is worse than what my ATT phone was. Ugh!!
The phone is absolutely fantastic, but I'm really really hoping for an update here. Lol I know they rushed it out because of folks like us grabbing the pitchfork and crying our impatience. And we are early adapters, but coming from ATT I'm disappointed with the network performance so far.

I am getting extremely poor signal in areas my OG droid would work fine. so poor that I can't even make a call. is this a problem for all TBs and many haven't experienced it yet or is it just a problem with a few TBs?

I am getting extremely poor signal in areas my OG droid would work fine. so poor that I can't even make a call. is this a problem for all TBs and many haven't experienced it yet or is it just a problem with a few TBs?

it seems it is a major issue. There are reports of this in 3g only areas, as well as LTE. If they do not fix this by next wednesday, imma take it back. This is ridiculous...

Back