Possible Updated Galaxy Nexus Might Be On Its Way

Its sprint that's getting this phone (to make up for their crappy network). Do you really think verizon is THAT stupid?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Stupid? No. Greedy? Absolutely. Just look at the release schedules for the Droid 2, 3 and 4 and now the RAZR phones. Don't for a minute think that if they had the opportunity to land this phone they wouldn't do it.

Regardless if it is for Sprint or not, my contract was up and I could have jumped ship with no termination fee. Not so much anymore.

Couldn't really care less unless Google just up and decided to completely drop support for the original. That's why you don't chase a product of technology; instead you make do with your old stuff until it's upgrade time or past the point. Then it doesn't matter if you get a new phone and a successor comes out a few months later because the one you have already blows your previous device out of the water. Another thing to consider for those of you getting your panties in a twist is that until a new version was announced, you were otherwise satisfied with what you had. That's like getting a brand new 2013 Corvette Z06 and then realizing the ZR1 is coming out soon and shunning your Z06 - like you didn't know new versions of phones come out every few months. If that makes you mad, then you'll be furious to know that more often than not, manufacturers tend to already have a working concept of a successor midway through the one to be released. The Droid 5 concept is probably already built. Trying to keep up with technology is a pointless and disappointing venture. Enjoy something because it's awesome, and not just because it's the latest and greatest, because new crap comes out every day.

im not going to waste my energy getting upset over rumors of an updated model phone coming out...it will happen sooner or later. I got my phone at a time when it was the top model and for what my needs are, its still sufficent.

Anything it lacks in features, or software improvements, these incredible developers will bridge that gap.

Wecome to android people this shouldn't be a shocker. The average time before an android phone is out of date is less then 90 days.

so with that being said this is right on par to make the gnex outdated within that 90 day timeframe.

So wait let me get this straight. Verizon passes on the GSII and gets the Nexus, thats using old hardware mind you. Sprint takes the GSII AND get a beefed up totally updated Nexus with current hardware after it releases on V$?

Doesnt seem right to me.

I'll be a bit upset if the updated specs rumors are true and Sprint gets it. I'll be more upset if Verizon get's it. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with my current GNex. It is the best phone available on any carrier at the moment. I would not be upset if a completely new phone came out with better specs (that is expected as technology is constantly improving), but the fact that it's the SAME phone is what will upset me.

It's like the RAZR. If I was an early adopter on that and then a month later the MAXX comes out, I would have been upset. New phone with better specs though would not bother me.

Of course, all this talk is of a speculated rumor about a device whose carrier is unknown.

Regardless... GNex FTW DancingNexus

So wait let me get this straight. Verizon passes on the GSII and gets the Nexus, thats using old hardware mind you. Sprint takes the GSII AND get a beefed up totally updated Nexus with current hardware after it releases on V$?

Doesnt seem right to me.

It doesnt..but like a few others said we got these GNex knowing that a better one is in the making..it is what it is..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Wecome to android people this shouldn't be a shocker. The average time before an android phone is out of date is less then 90 days.

so with that being said this is right on par to make the gnex outdated within that 90 day timeframe.

I don't mind my phone becoming outdated after 90 days. That's inevitable. What's wrong with this is Google releasing the "same but slightly different" Nexus.

This is a double edged sword for Google and its horrible Android fragmentation. The one thing we could always count on was one Google Nexus device a year. If they pump out another version of the Nexus, what's the point of the Nexus program? This phone will become like any other Android phone - just another device in the pipeline.

Well truth is, we don't know much more about the device besides it turning up in some benchmarks. We don't know if they did this as a test or if they truly plan on releasing.

If this is meant to replace the LTE GNexus, Google better have a trade in program for people that went out and bought the original GNexus.

I don't mind my phone becoming outdated after 90 days. That's inevitable. What's wrong with this is Google releasing the "same but slightly different" Nexus.

This is a double edged sword for Google and its horrible Android fragmentation. The one thing we could always count on was one Google Nexus device a year. If they pump out another version of the Nexus, what's the point of the Nexus program? This phone will become like any other Android phone - just another device in the pipeline.

This. Although I don't care if better phones are released, in the past there was a Nexus and only one version. I just planned on getting a new Nexus every year but with different versions the whole Nexus thing isn't as special. With that said, I love my phone and the only way I would part with it is if an updated Nexus was released for Verizon. I wouldn't feel like they owed me anything though, I'd just sell my old one and buy the new one. Tech moves fast and while it would be sad to see the Nexus line treated like every other phone line out there in would just suck it up and pay the cost to get the new one.

Me either, but the problem is the Nexus was oudated the day it was announced and now Sprint is getting what our Nexus should have been. A top end flagship device, not a downgraded GSII with a 2 year old GPU. Thats the problem.

Give me that Galaxy SII camera on it and I'll be completely behind it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Very unusual move on Google's part if this turns out to be true. This is not supposed to happen with the Nexus, not yet anyway. It's too soon and a bad move if this pans out.

Back