[Quick Review] Droid Bionic

My Bionic does great on battery until my daughter gets ahold of it and starts popping bubbles. My best run was 37 hours @ 20% one day (and a half) when I just treated it like a feature phone and didn't stream or game on it. 4G the entire time.

I also think the phone is very good looking.

View attachment 40747

my bionic does great on battery until my daughter gets ahold of it and starts popping bubbles. My best run was 37 hours @ 20% one day (and a half) when i just treated it like a feature phone and didn't stream or game on it. 4g the entire time.

View attachment 40747

wow!

My Bionic does great on battery until my daughter gets ahold of it and starts popping bubbles. My best run was 37 hours @ 20% one day (and a half) when I just treated it like a feature phone and didn't stream or game on it. 4G the entire time.

View attachment 40747

My phone is doing the same exact thing. The damn thing keeps chirping on 4g. No wonder vzw is offering the extended battery at half price right now..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Im just going to say 5 things:

a) Great review
b) Battery life (As recommended in other threads, let the battery drain completely and recharge fully a few times) You WILL notice a difference.
c) The Apps to SD bug is a setback. But if you remember, we had this issue with Froyo which was fixed in a fairly short time.
d) 4G coverage is expanding everyday, literally, and is blazing fast.
e) I don't want a 'pretty or sexy phone' I want a work horse, that's what this is.

B3.jpg

You love your Bionic so much you put it on the railing of a high staircase from whence it might fall and break into sundry pieces. Oh, the irony.

Your forgetting one important piece of information in your message, although DROID DOES, it DOESN'T have legs (Yet) to get up and walk off the railing. I'm sure everyone takes precautions with their phones. I think the pictures look great. If NASA can send one on a rocket (Which they did), I think putting one on a balcony railing for a picture is a little safer. I don't see where you're usage of the term 'irony' comes into effect in anyway in this.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I get 12mbps or less when I'm actually in DC but when I'm at home (DC suburb), I get around 22mbps.

22mbps is about what i'd call high average around here, with most of my speedtest results falling in between 16-22mbps

The highest I have ever gotten was around 26mbps. I haven't seen upload speeds even CLOSE to what is shown in the pic, though. My uploads generally average 4-6mbps.

4g here is screaming when it hits 5mb down and 1mb up. It's so great I can't tell the difference between 4g and 3g. I'm glad I'm not having to pay extra for 4g. I'd be very upset.

4g here is screaming when it hits 5mb down and 1mb up. It's so great I can't tell the difference between 4g and 3g. I'm glad I'm not having to pay extra for 4g. I'd be very upset.

5mb down is still more than 5x faster then what I get with 3g connex even on my bionic on 3g. Its not 22mbs down but it certainly is a marked improvement.

View attachment 40763
my best download speed for sure but not my best ping or upload speed.
this is from my charge. I question how much the specs of phone determine 4g speeds.

Boyfriend use to show a lot of love for me, now he has found a new love...THE BIONIC!

EX-Girlfriend

Now if you woulda dressed up as a sexy robot, and said "you have the tools to control all machines so how bout it" it probably woulda worked.

Bad news is... all he'd prolly do is have you go make him a sandwich :p:icon_ banana:

It looks like I am going to have to go back to my bag of tricks to out-do the BIONIC! OR, find a button that will send him back to 3G!!!

Maybe EX-Girlfriend

I guess I don't use my phone that much.. lol.. It actually died around 8ish today.

I cleared my Battery stats through recovery then let it die. I don't have 4G out where I live so its on CDMA only.. Did some playing with WiFi tether (pdanet) trying to link my phone to my Droid OG. lol the Droid OG lasts FOREVER with the Cell Radio off... I think its around 80% after a day so far with just WiFi on.

screen_20110925_1808.png

Back