Razr Maxx ICS back to GB?

Reaction score
This update is absolutely horrible. If you don't have webtop or lapdock, you MIGHT not notice, but it severely downgraded the webtop experience from desktop emulator, to tablet. I want Firefox back. Is there a root for Gingerbread for the Razr?

Before I get flamed, I AGREE, the ICS update is really nice if you only use the phone & not webtop, but if you DO use webtop/lapdock, you know what I'm talking about. So if you don't use webtop, please don't flame me. I used mine OFTEN! About 250+ gigs/month worth. Now I'm forced to use the webtop accessories for my Bionic, which is buggy. Hopefully I won't have to resort to buying a Razr that hasn't been updated yet.

Moved to the RAZR Maxx section. Hopefully you'll get more traffic over here.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

No, there is no way back. Razr and Droid 4 users have never had a way back to GB once updated via an ICS leak. The Bionic was able to do so until the latest leak which put them in the same place as the Razr and Droid 4 owners.....No Way Back to GB.

Unfortunately for you it looks like Motorola is moving completely away from Webtop anyway. It's not in their present top-of-the-line new phone on AT&T the Atrix HD (which the Atrix started the entire Webtop aspect to begin with).

Since they aren't including it on their most recent, I don't see much development happening for the older devices that do have it.

No, there is no way back. Razr and Droid 4 users have never had a way back to GB once updated via an ICS leak. The Bionic was able to do so until the latest leak which put them in the same place as the Razr and Droid 4 owners.....No Way Back to GB.

Unfortunately for you it looks like Motorola is moving completely away from Webtop anyway. It's not in their present top-of-the-line new phone on AT&T the Atrix HD (which the Atrix started the entire Webtop aspect to begin with).

Since they aren't including it on their most recent, I don't see much development happening for the older devices that do have it.[/QUOTE

Is there a way to keep my Droid Bionic from receiving the update? I'm thinking that they didn't know they created something so good (lapdock and webtop) that people wouldn't upgrade their phones once they had the setup and used it correctly.

If fire fox is the only thing upsetting you download chrome. Chrome as developed the browser to look like a desktop browser. They made a special setting just for the lapdock.

Back