razr maxx jellybean leak

aarong03 said:
Yes improved battery life with the. 215 leak. Not sure on JB but moto say sometime by the end of 2012 or beginning of 2013, I think.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Strange why they didn't push batt update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

virgil71468 said:
Strange why they didn't push batt update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Probably they'll just do jellybean. No major thing, the 215 leak works great if you FDR before and after the update. Phone's snappier, battery life is almost as great as gingerbread, no lost data or calls.

bruben7886 said:
Probably they'll just do jellybean. No major thing, the 215 leak works great if you FDR before and after the update. Phone's snappier, battery life is almost as great as gingerbread, no lost data or calls.

I agree FDR before and after. 215 install.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Crap. Did everything the way it was explained and aborted twice. Doesn't work.

JOSHSKORN said:
I'm on ICS .215 and it sucks the battery bad. I went ahead and installed the GO Launcher, along with it's app where you can use different power modes. It seems to do the trick for now. But yeah, in terms of battery life and button sizes, I miss Gingerbread. Unfortunately though, my phone is freaking slow. I wish I knew how to clean it up a bit.

Your best bet...to clean it up...is to do a factory data reset. Do it as if you just got the phone brand new, adding your apps one by one and setting them up. You will feel like you got a brand new phone and it will eliminate any app conflicts that may exist.

Tried this 4 times, every time it aborts. Followed the instructions word by word, no go. Curious if anyone else having problems as well.

What have you been trying to do? Install the .215 leak? Are you rooted? If so, then you have to follow the instructions to go back to stock first (follow the instructions for rooted phones).

Look in your system settings> about phone? What version Android do you have? What system version?

Yes, trying to install the. 215 software. I currently have 6.16.211, and I am rooted. Downloaded voodoo root keeper, did all that. Downloaded the update, installed on sd card. Went through the instructions and get to the actual install part, and starts like it's going to go, then it aborts. Tried like 6 times now, and clueless why it won't go through.

Super1 said:
Yes, trying to install the. 215 software. I currently have 6.16.211, and I am rooted. Downloaded voodoo root keeper, did all that. Downloaded the update, installed on sd card. Went through the instructions and get to the actual install part, and starts like it's going to go, then it aborts. Tried like 6 times now, and clueless why it won't go through.

You say "installed". You didn't try to unzip it in the SD card, did you?
The zipped file is to be copied, still zipped, and left in SD card, still zipped, for this to work.

Nope, just downloaded on sd card and went through the directions. I'd love to know why it won't work. I'm not a expert at this stuff, but I can manage to get around this thing pretty good. Love my razr maxx, and would love to see it better with this update.

When all else fails......downloand Matt's DROID rzr utility 1.8
Follow the directions and restore the phone back up to "like new outta the box".
Don't root it or anything, just restore it.
Then do a factory data reset.
THEN do the 215 leak.
Then do another factory data reset.
Then reinstall your apps one by one from the play store.
Then root.
Then "foxkat" the battery meter.

Should have you back up to where you want to be.
Gimme 5 and I'll post some links

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html

This is the 1.8 version. The reason I'm sending you this one is because many of the questions you'll have are already answered in the threads.
Use the 1.82 version.
Set aside a little time to do this.
Relax! You'll be fine. People on this forum like tismydroid, foxkat, mattyP, (regardless of creepy dancing old naked guy avatar), and many others just as helpful, but too numerous to mention, are always more than willing to answer any questions you might have.

Back