Razr vs. Bionic

I have both and would get both again...I have been fortunate with minimal data drops on either device (until the most recent Razr update, I now experience a few more)...

Both phones have pros & cons and you will be the best judge of what works for you. If you are going to have them side by side, compare them as best as you can (most likely one device on wifi if you only have one active line)...

Good luck on your decision...

~it's not just a phone~

I have the bionic, just got it 2 days ago. I live in a 3G area only and have not experienced any problems at all. It hasn't dropped one time. Where I bought it at in the nearest city which is 4G, I didn't have any problems when I got it and the whole time down there. It actually switched over to 3G perfectly when I was crossing over.

When I read about all the problems it was having was scrared to get it but honestly mine makes everyone look like their lieing and I know that ain't true. Anyways my GF did have the razr and she experienced problems all the time no matter where so I either got lucky so far or something.

To me I'd keep the bionic as its a 100 cheaper and its not the phones fault on either one but Verizon's network.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I think the RAZR is the better option. For one, it will be supported longer, as the Bionic is the older phone. I also expect the RAZR community to be larger, as VZW is doing a much bigger push on the RAZR, than they did on the Bionic. Regardless, I would stick with a 3G device for now. There are simply too many issues with 4G right now, regardless of manufacturer or model.
CDMA only mode. Done.

Why would you not want a device that's at least capable of running 4G? That's like the iPhone not running Flash. I have mine set to on-demand for Flash, and I only use 4G when I really want the speed boost. I get all of the benefits with none of the drawbacks.

By the way, your avatar is rad. It remind me of this:
m182829342.jpg

Like SmallTownGirl said, it really is just a preference thing..

I look at the Bionic as a super upgraded D1 .. I'm used to the feel of it, although it being bigger and lighter, that's my perception of it.

Why would you not want a device that's at least capable of running 4G?
I owner a RAZR for three days (and may eventually own one again), before switching back to my DX. The reason was, it was also dropping its 3G signal... and not just when VZW had outages. I tried setting it to CDMA only... didn't help. It just seemed crazy to me, to spend $300 on a device that was less reliable than my 2 year old device.

By the way, your avatar is rad. It remind me of this:
View attachment 45647
That is AWESOME!

That sucks; I've had no such issues with mine, but then again I haven't had data drop issues even in 4G mode. I had a T-Mo device that would drop data all the time and it drove me nuts, so I feel your pain. Few things more worthless than a smartphone with sporadic data.

Same here ..cdma only still drops data like crazy ...people are mistakenly thinking they can ten 4g off and they will be fine but that is not the case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Well with news of possible 4g coming to my town im estatic i just hope i don't start dropping data ill be upset would be a "ruining a wet dream" and i would lose faith in verizon :( but as of now 3g is perfect since its all i get till i drive 20 miles :p

Same here ..cdma only still drops data like crazy ...people are mistakenly thinking they can ten 4g off and they will be fine but that is not the case.

Actually data drops are only tied to the phone staying connected to 4g then trying to connect back to 3g. However, sticking to CDMA only avoids this problem.

I've had zero data drops with 3g-only in nearly 2 months of use, while dropping in 4g several times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I own the phone and have had droids for 2 years...I know where there's data in my area and where there isn't..I've done resets, new sim cards, and cdma only ....still drops data ....toggling airplane mode is my best chance of getting it back.Also having a hard time sending receiving mms at home or at work on wifi...when it wont jump to 3g to send or receive ...

Man I'm a current HTC thunderbolt user. Many of you may remember this phone and many may have already forgotten about it but your connection issues you are experiencing the thunderbolt went through too. At first the connection was horrible and would drop randomly whenever it felt like it. The phones have a mind of their own. I think its a certain software that needs to be updated to the phones. The towers I am positive are having issues with bandwidth. The towers need more room for users without it, it will continue to make the network crash from too many people. I would know best that these data speeds are nothing compared to what they use to be only because the network needs so much more bandwidth.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I own the phone and have had droids for 2 years...I know where there's data in my area and where there isn't..I've done resets, new sim cards, and cdma only ....still drops data ....toggling airplane mode is my best chance of getting it back.Also having a hard time sending receiving mms at home or at work on wifi...when it wont jump to 3g to send or receive ...

You may want to check out the leaked update that was posted. It has some great new features and upgraded lte radio. Many have already reported much more reliable data.

Iv own all the droids besides the pro and the 3 and my data drops started with my droid x2 when i had it.

You may want to check out the leaked update that was posted. It has some great new features and upgraded lte radio. Many have already reported much more reliable data.

I'm now on the 2.3.6 leaked software ....it is a definite improvement ...still won't pick up 3g while on Wi-Fi to send receive mms with 100% reliability yet...but data drops are much less...I was out yesterday and only dropped data once for a minute ...usually I have no data 50% of the time I'm moving in a vehicle.

Back