(release) themed handcent

These look great and I'd love to get them up and running...

For those of us who aren't so technically inclined...

Can we get a more step by step instruction post? I don't need to be rooted for this to work do I? I should just be able to download the apk and run it right? Also what does the swype integration do?

Thanks and I appreciate the help!

the purple is kinda pink if you switch the skin from iphone to hero. i will make a pink one though....to install its pretty simple,place the .apk on the root of your sdcard(after you remove .zip) and use an application from the mmarket called astro or appinstaller.

the purple is kinda pink if you switch the skin from iphone to hero. i will make a pink one though....to install its pretty simple,place the .apk on the root of your sdcard(after you remove .zip) and use an application from the mmarket called astro or appinstaller.

Ok so then I don't need my phone to be rooted to do this? And do I need to completely uninstall Handcent and Swype first?

yes you need to completly uninstall swype and handcent plus any handcent font pack that you have installed, all stated in the OP

Anyone else having trouble downloading the mediafile swype.zip? Every time I select the download link it just does a refresh on the mediafile.com page.

sorry,the only way i could post them was with medafile cause they are to large for the forum. i can email them to you

edit i just tested the link and it works for me

Last edited:
I don't know if it's the mediafile site or my Droid. It's just not playing nice this morning. Thanks in advance for the email offer. [email protected]

Edit: saw your edit. Must be my phone.

So we have to uninstall Handcent, THEN push the files using terminal or somehitng?

I have themed mine a while ago but couldnt figure out how to push it on without messing up the app... maybe uninstalling will be the key?

That all looks great! Thanks for putting the blue together. :icon_ banana:

Yes uninstall the original and install the themed one with method of choice. Its all mentioned in the op

K, My Droid died today at school, so I couldn't get a chance to do this. But when I got home I tried it immediatly and I honestly like it. Swype looks a little weird with the themed colors on it, but I always liked the way the stock swype looks. I am sure other will like the themed colors too.

Anyways, very great job with these. I suggest opening this up for suggestions on colors. I am sure you will get alot of takers.

Guess it is time to buy a spare bettery.

My wife is jealous of my all blue, any chance of a purple Swype to match the Handcent ?
Thanks

yes,i didnt make one because the purple was made for my wife but she didnt want swype.....ill get it done in a few hours if thats ok, does anyone else want any certain colors.

Back