Rezound abandoned

indee2025

Reaction score
There are a few unofficial "leaked" builds, but I do banking and such on my device and downloading an unofficial ICS build could easily come with malicious software attached so it's possible you're opening the door for a vampire without knowing it...I'd rather wait for the official OTA...

Checked the HTC website and was amazed to see the Rezound isn't even listed under their smartphones section...it's all about the one x the one s etc, the only mention of the Rezound on their website was in the acomplishments section for having a device with "Beats."

Thinking after only 6 months or so the device has been abandoned...

The leaked RUU's are signed by HTC. That's the only reason our phones accept it in locked HBOOT. You're overreacting.

Rezound is getting ics no need to worry.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think verizon is sitting on the update until the dinc4g is released . Ics is really the only upgrade over some of their current phones, such as the rezound. They are hoping people get impatient and go upgrade instead of waiting.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

cdm369 said:
They are hoping people get impatient and go upgrade instead of waiting.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

I got impatient but I didn't upgrade. I grabbed the latest leak and I'll tell you what, this leak is so smooth and runs so well that I don't care how long they take with the ota. I'm VERY happy with this ics version. No bugs and no issues.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

I think verizon is sitting on the update until the dinc4g is released . Ics is really the only upgrade over some of their current phones, such as the rezound. They are hoping people get impatient and go upgrade instead of waiting.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

You are close but I am betting more on the lines of waiting for the razr, rezound, and nexus 4.04 to come back from soak test so they can release them around the same time frame. But that is just a guess time will tell if that is the case.

Checked the HTC website and was amazed to see the Rezound isn't even listed under their smartphones section
Ummm...no sure what site you are looking at.

http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/

T
he Rezound is right there. Bottom right on the first page.

The Rezound is a high profile HTC phone...it will certainly be getting ICS. I have seen no indications at all that it has been abandoned.

pmgreen said:
What are you running? Running cleanrom myself, not too shabby.

The latest ICS leak from HTC. Genuine Android 4.0 not a custom rom. I'm not rooted.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Same here. Downloaded latest ics leak and it works great. No issues at all. Phone also starts up way faster and just works better, especially 4g speed and connectivity.

Back