[ROM] ApeX 1.2 Series for Droid X - Functionality and Performance (12/7/10)

Lol now i see this after i already wiped haha. Oh well it only took a few minutes. Not sure if I am digging the transitions or not yet but they are cool. Are the transitions easy enough to remove if I decide I don't want them? Now I just need to edit the banner to get rid of the verizon banner.

I will say this thing is fast as hell. Really noticible performance jump from 1.0 and everything still works. Amazing complete rom here.

3g hotspot added back in and works great turned on with tbh patch btw. Also added back in the 3d gallery which runs great and looks great.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

How'd you add the 3g hotspot? Link to file?

There's a 'removedapps.zip' file I added to the bottom of the first post. Download that and extract 'Mynet.apk' from it and place it on your sdcard.

Then, on your phone, in Terminal emulator, run the following:

su
install Mynet.apk

and it should be installed for you! This process is repeatable with any of the apps in that removedapps archive.

I couldn't get PowerAMP to scan my folders. After searching and tinkering there are a couple of options.

1) Download Beesly's build prop fix for 2.2 OTA.

2) Edit your own build prop and make the needed edits...

I chose option 1 and its working. It was driving me crazy not being able to figure out why it wouldn't scan and kept force closing!!

Thank you Fab for all of your hard work!!! Actually to all of you who have contributed to my new found ADD/OCD and sometimes tourettes syndrome... ;-)

I couldn't get PowerAMP to scan my folders. After searching and tinkering there are a couple of options.

1) Download Beesly's build prop fix for 2.2 OTA.

2) Edit your own build prop and make the needed edits...

I chose option 1 and its working. It was driving me crazy not being able to figure out why it wouldn't scan and kept force closing!!

Thank you Fab for all of your hard work!!! Actually to all of you who have contributed to my new found ADD/OCD and sometimes tourettes syndrome... ;-)

Hey, could you point me in the right direction on which build.prop edits are necessary to get PowerAmp working again? I'd like to just incorporate them into my own build.prop so people don't need to go and download a different (and older) one.

EDIT: nvm, I figured it out ;) I expect to have a little tiny incremental update to 1.2.1 ready in a bit, it'll have this new build.prop to fix PowerAMP, as well as put back the Car Dock that I forgot :D

Last edited:
My android.phone keeps FC'S whenever I press on the dialer app. It also looks as if the radio gets reset. Anyone else having this isssue?

So whats the worst that can happen if I try the Revo theme for 1.0? Just hating that white status bar. And as long as I do a nandroid I should be fine trying it out I would assume?

My android.phone keeps FC'S whenever I press on the dialer app. It also looks as if the radio gets reset. Anyone else having this isssue?

What ROM were you using previous to this? Did you do a wipe of DATA and CACHE? If so, did you use TiBu to restore any system settings?

Maybe try wiping the data for the Dialer app using manage applications.

So whats the worst that can happen if I try the Revo theme for 1.0? Just hating that white status bar. And as long as I do a nandroid I should be fine trying it out I would assume?

It should boot into Android, as the framework are compatible. You'll end up with older versions of the apps, maybe some FC's, but I think you should be covered so long as you make a nandroid.

What ROM were you using previous to this? Did you do a wipe of DATA and CACHE? If so, did you use TiBu to restore any system settings?

Maybe try wiping the data for the Dialer app using manage applications.

It should boot into Android, as the framework are compatible. You'll end up with older versions of the apps, maybe some FC's, but I think you should be covered so long as you make a nandroid.

Ill be the guinea pig then and report back.

This is just temp till you get your comp back online and have a minute to update the themes.

Nothing will happen except youll lose the transitions and the 10% battery increments. I already tried a few older gemes like the old apex themes and crackman's darktheme. The darktheme nukes the blur calendar but everything else works and it looks amazing.

No force closes that I can find, ive gone in and out of several apps. Installed the alternate battery as well.

I think I lost the fancy spinning transitions and flips with menus and apps though? But I can live with that until you update the themes.

Nothing will happen except youll lose the transitions and the 10% battery increments. I already tried a few older gemes like the old apex themes and crackman's darktheme. The darktheme nukes the blur calendar but everything else works and it looks amazing.

didnt see your post.

Yes the transitions are sick and I want those back but not at the expense of the white status bar, so Ill wait on Fab to update.

I put up the 1.2.1 update file for 1.2 users. It fixes PowerAMP, adds back Car Home, and updates ADW and Terminal Emulator.

But since it's not a full update, I couldn't set permissions on the carhome script, so if you wanna use it, you'll first have to chmod it:

su
sys -rw
chmod 755 /system/bin/carhome
carhome

The full update is uploading still (my uplink is sloooooooooow!)

I put up the 1.2.1 update file for 1.2 users. It fixes PowerAMP, adds back Car Home, and updates ADW and Terminal Emulator.

But since it's not a full update, I couldn't set permissions on the carhome script, so if you wanna use it, you'll first have to chmod it:

su
sys -rw
chmod 755 /system/bin/carhome
carhome

The full update is uploading still (my uplink is sloooooooooow!)

Meh, I did it the long way :)

Any chance there will be a version of this ROM down the road that doesn't require 2.3.320? I'm not really familiar with what 2.3.320 and don't want to update it if it's irreversible. But I love ApeX 1.0 and would like to upgrade to this version to see if it cures the random reboots, so I'm torn.

If they release a way to downgrade to 2.3.15 then I can go back and remake this for 2.3.15, but for now, I'm stuck on 2.3.320 so that's all I can really build off of.

Honestly I'd say as long as you are confident with following directions and researching your process before hand, you are gonna be better off with the 2.3.320 build... This has the updated kernel that seems to have all bugs worked out (the only one I havent personally confirmed is the hdmi bug). There is no battery manager force close and no audio bug. The sms timestamp bug is fixed. The stock rom is bugless and faster than 2.3.15. That being said You MUST excercise caution! I recommend this build only to those users that are experienced with rom flashing and sbf if necessary (shouldnt be so long as u follow directions!) As an extra precaution I suggest u wipe Data/cache once more before u leave clockwork recovery - after flashing the update. I think if you are confident with your ability you will be very happy with the 2.2.1 (2.3.320) build.

music app no workie...

I just installed this rom last night, and its awesome. My only issue is that my stock music player wont play music, it just says sorry, the player doesn't support this type of file. Also my camera will take pics, but wont save them. Ive found a little info on the issue, and the fix for most people is to pull the battery, that doesnt work for me. I switched roms to rubix blurry, and my media played fine, and camera worked. I dont know what to do from here, any help is appreciated.

I just installed this rom last night, and its awesome. My only issue is that my stock music player wont play music, it just says sorry, the player doesn't support this type of file. Also my camera will take pics, but wont save them. Ive found a little info on the issue, and the fix for most people is to pull the battery, that doesnt work for me. I switched roms to rubix blurry, and my media played fine, and camera worked. I dont know what to do from here, any help is appreciated.

Um, did you flash the 2.3.320 leak? Your symptoms sound like you're still on the 2.3.15/OTA kernel.

Back