RSD/SPR issues

Palantirion, please provide the MD5Sum of both of your SBF files.
-Sorry for the newb question, but how?
I think you're past this point now, but for the future, check out this page. It explains what an md5sum is, and has links to download an md5sum executable for pretty much all platforms. I use one called HashCheckInstall-2.1.11.exe that actually integrates into the "file properties" right click menu in Windows.

Hope that helps.

Well, it's not really "freezing" -- what you're seeing is the stock recovery. You successfully flashed on a custom recovery, and then when you rebooted the OS the next time, it noticed the recovery didn't have the right sha1 sum and it put it back to stock for you. :) It didn't want you to be troubled by having the wrong recovery on your phone. (Yes, I'm being silly - I need sleep.) This is a brand spankin' new feature of the 2.2 OTA package. I'm pretty sure I discovered it first. I've rambled about it quite a bit between page 39 and 45 of http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html this topic. Since you're already rooted, just go delete the /system/recovery-from-boot.p file (or rename it and put ".not" on the end or something) and then that won't happen anymore. Then you can put your custom recovery back on and it will stay there.
-Thanks very much for the tip (and MD5Sum explanation). Unfortunately I can't rename it due to "insufficient permissions". I know I selected superuser permissions v22 when I rotted with androot, not sure what else I need to do.

Well, it's not really "freezing" -- what you're seeing is the stock recovery. You successfully flashed on a custom recovery, and then when you rebooted the OS the next time, it noticed the recovery didn't have the right sha1 sum and it put it back to stock for you. :) It didn't want you to be troubled by having the wrong recovery on your phone. (Yes, I'm being silly - I need sleep.) This is a brand spankin' new feature of the 2.2 OTA package. I'm pretty sure I discovered it first. I've rambled about it quite a bit between page 39 and 45 of http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html this topic. Since you're already rooted, just go delete the /system/recovery-from-boot.p file (or rename it and put ".not" on the end or something) and then that won't happen anymore. Then you can put your custom recovery back on and it will stay there.
-Thanks very much for the tip (and MD5Sum explanation). Unfortunately I can't rename it due to "insufficient permissions". I know I selected superuser permissions v22 when I rotted with androot, not sure what else I need to do.

Check out this post and PM me if you want to try my process. The only issue I could see is that you've already rooted once which probably included putting busybox on, so you might end up with two copies depending upon where the other root put it. That won't necessarily hurt anything.

Back