rubiX Blurry Bread

Dumb question. How do I know if Blurry Bread has installed? There's no custom boot animation, right?

I've flashed ROMS before, and am good at SBFing, but I feel like an idiot. The install in bootstrap says it's successful. But everything else looks the same as stock?

I don't have Blurry Bread installed but I imagine you could Navigate to Settings>About Phone> And scroll down to build number which should say something like Blurry Bread 1.0 PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

Dumb question. How do I know if Blurry Bread has installed? There's no custom boot animation, right?

I've flashed ROMS before, and am good at SBFing, but I feel like an idiot. The install in bootstrap says it's successful. But everything else looks the same as stock?

I don't have Blurry Bread installed but I imagine you could Navigate to Settings>About Phone> And scroll down to build number which should say something like Blurry Bread 1.0 PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

I did that already, doesn't say anything about Rubix or Blurry Bread.

Says Build Number 4.5.1_57_DX5-3

I did that already, doesn't say anything about Rubix or Blurry Bread.

Says Build Number 4.5.1_57_DX5-3

Yeah again I don't have Blurry Bread installed so I can't really help much more than that sorry :/

well a little late, but the spare parts
app battery history is crashing due to some changes made to gb, my android system info app accessed the same info but now on gb it says the function is not available on this device. trying to find other apps I stumbled across another dev commenting that it is because of a change google made to gb

sux as I used this app combo to track down uid's that were constantly running

[insert_here]

Any comment on speed? Rubix Blurry Bread vs. Rubix Focused 2.01 No overclock yet right?

Can I still use JRummy's Droid X Overclock app?

im pretty sure you can since im using this app to overclock my phone and im on GB rooted and im pretty sure it is working since my quadrant scores go up when OC'd.

But my questions are, is this basic ROM worth putting over my existing GB? I mean this thing is already solid and fast and i have not run into a single problem besides some apps not being fully compatible. I also flashed imoseyon's zip for some tweaks and it made it a bit snappier. So im pretty damn satisfied with it so far. But im pretty sure Drod has made it better. Is anything broken? like random reboots when changing to USB mass storage? and what is Drodspeed anyways? or is it just a catchphrase like "intel core inside"?

I haven't noticed any real differences. But certainly no problems either. I went ahead and flashed it with it in mind that I can just flash any updates he releases over this (hopefully).

I haven't noticed any real differences. But certainly no problems either. I went ahead and flashed it with it in mind that I can just flash any updates he releases over this (hopefully).

The main thing this does is remove the bloat right now. He made a couple system tweaks to make it more efficient but the main Idea was a quick rom to remove the bloatware and get a starting point for future releases
At lease that is my take on it ;)

You have to move the com.googlesearch.....apk from data/apps to system/app directory with root explorer

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
I'd like to confirm - this works for fixing the search button quick-press "issue".

That sounds about right. Before I load anything Gingerbread I'm going to patiently wait to see if Drod has time to work his magic first. Focused 2.0.1 runs too well for me now to ditch it for anything inferior.

The main thing this does is remove the bloat right now. He made a couple system tweaks to make it more efficient but the main Idea was a quick rom to remove the bloatware and get a starting point for future releases
At lease that is my take on it ;)

Saw this last night and promptly put it on my DX. Loving GB and even liking the new Blur. Moto did something right for once.

Good stuff as usual from Drod. I renamed a bunch of bloatware but more is gone now. Very happy and seems a bit quicker too.

Also LOVE how Drod brought back the old TV style sleep animation. LOVE IT!!! Too fun.

A lot of applications were force closing on me and TB didn't want to restore most of my data. Maybe my sbf didn't work as well as I had hoped or something...

Maybe I will try again tonight, since no one else seems to have this problem with GB or Blurry Bread.

So does this ROM have a stock look to it or were there any appearance changes? Maybe a screen shot? Thanks!

No its a stock look. Just a basic blur rom, nothing fancy for the moment.

A lot of applications were force closing on me and TB didn't want to restore most of my data. Maybe my sbf didn't work as well as I had hoped or something...

Maybe I will try again tonight, since no one else seems to have this problem with GB or Blurry Bread.

I only have FC's from one thing....trying to access battery history through Spare parts.

I did have several screwy issues the first time I installed this. Why? Not following directions. I just had to be hard-headed....:icon_eek:

wipe data/cache(factory reset)

You probably won't need to sbf. Just restore you backup prior to installing this, factory reset and then reinstall this.

Back