[Rumor] Motorola Targa May Be first Tegra Kal-El Quad-Core Phone

I just need something good to come out soon... my d1 is counting it's last days.

My D1 runs like a boss on CM7 but the lack of RAM is getting super annoying. Even with compcache, eventually things stop working and you have to reset to make the phone usable again. My rooted Nook Color is running faster and more stable than my D1 because of it has 512 MB of RAM.

Ah, being so coy, CK! I'll venture a guess and say that it might have to do with an unlocked bootloader. I'm probably wrong, and feel free to tell me so if I am!
HoFo or one of the big tech sites will probably leak the info first. I'm not going to say you are right or wrong : )

Just stay tuned creaky!!!!!!

I just need something good to come out soon... my d1 is counting it's last days.

My D1 runs like a boss on CM7 but the lack of RAM is getting super annoying. Even with compcache, eventually things stop working and you have to reset to make the phone usable again. My rooted Nook Color is running faster and more stable than my D1 because of it has 512 MB of RAM.

I know what you mean. Sometimes I just want to throw it against the wall. If it had 512mb of ram I'd be so happy right now.

I do not like Compcache at all. My device runs like garbage when it's enabled. Works well for a few hours then the slowdowns hit. If I didn't reboot the device it would eventually reboot itself.

I give compcache two big thumbs down

It's actually not so bad if you're using one of prime's kernel. Once your device starts slowing down just open up the terminal and you can input compcache restart and voila it's as good as if you've rebooted. I can hardly keep apps open without compcache when running GB.

Yea if the D3 were on LTE that would be a big game changer, but at this point I'll just continue to wait...for something revolutionary instead of evolutionary I think. :)

I do not like Compcache at all. My device runs like garbage when it's enabled. Works well for a few hours then the slowdowns hit. If I didn't reboot the device it would eventually reboot itself.

I give compcache two big thumbs down

Ditto that.

I like that, revolutionary vs evolutionary. Good way to put it : )

As a side note I wouldn't expect any juicy rumors on the Targa until after the Bionic launches.

Well it looks like we've got at least a month of waiting then. If the Droid Charge is being released around April 7th then I'm guessing we won't see the Bionic until 14 days after that.

It's actually not so bad if you're using one of prime's kernel. Once your device starts slowing down just open up the terminal and you can input compcache restart and voila it's as good as if you've rebooted. I can hardly keep apps open without compcache when running GB.

Agreed, without compcache, GB wouldn't be usable on my D1 since it manages memory so aggressively. Receiving a phone call takes so much memory that all other apps close unless compcache is running.

I can't wait until I can get a phone that I don't have to deal with that stuff on... at least for the fist few months hahaha. I would love to get my hands on a Kal-El equipped processor. Especially because the name is so rad!

Well if it's Quad-core, don't expect it this year. If it's not, then it might have a chance for a November launch at the latest. Seems like Verizon has a lot of phones on their plate - a little too much in my opinion. Most are barely going to be different than the others. lol.

How bout this for a guess...

The quad core Motorola Targa may potentially be the next in the Nexus line and be a "Pure Google Experience". The first Nexus was HTC (unlocked from a carrier with a January release), the S Samsung (T-mobile with a mid December release), and potentially the next iteration would be for Motorola to build as it seems to be the thing with the Nexus line, rotating manufacturers. The next big thing may be releasing the Targa on with Verizon service as Google appears to be rotating carriers of the nexus as well. So Verizon users could get the freedom of "Pure Google Experience" from one of the most restrictive manufacturer Motorola on one of the most restrictive carriers Verizon.

Disclaimer... I use Verizon so are they restrictive, I guess.
Disclaimer... I'm full of BS and really don't know much of nothing, just making a guess. Please don't round up a posse if I'm way off here.

The quad core Motorola Targa may potentially be the next in the Nexus line and be a "Pure Google Experience". The first Nexus was HTC (unlocked from a carrier with a January release), the S Samsung (T-mobile with a mid December release), and potentially the next iteration would be for Motorola to build as it seems to be the thing with the Nexus line, rotating manufacturers. The next big thing may be releasing the Targa on with Verizon service as Google appears to be rotating carriers of the nexus as well. So Verizon users could get the freedom of "Pure Google Experience" from one of the most restrictive manufacturer Motorola on one of the most restrictive carriers Verizon.

Disclaimer... I'm full of BS and really don't know much of nothing, just making a guess. Please don't round up a posse if I'm way off here.

Yeah I kinda thought maybe it would be the Nexus but they haven't been rotating carriers. Tmobile has always gotten it first so my guess is it's not going to be a Nexus.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The quad core Motorola Targa may potentially be the next in the Nexus line and be a "Pure Google Experience". The first Nexus was HTC (unlocked from a carrier with a January release), the S Samsung ( with a mid December release), and potentially the next iteration would be for Motorola to build as it seems to be the thing with the Nexus line, rotating manufacturers. The next big thing may be releasing the Targa on with Verizon service as Google appears to be rotating carriers of the nexus as well. So Verizon users could get the freedom of "Pure Google Experience" from one of the most restrictive manufacturer Motorola on one of the most restrictive carriers Verizon.

Yeah I kinda thought maybe it would be the Nexus but they haven't been rotating carriers. Tmobile has always gotten it first so my guess is it's not going to be a Nexus.

Well the nexus one was open, with the S carrier specific. So perhaps the carrier rotation was added later. My info was well before the merger of t-mobile was announced. So if Google had a heads up about the merger and pulled the Nexus to another carrier is plausible.

The quad core Motorola Targa may potentially be the next in the Nexus line and be a "Pure Google Experience". The first Nexus was HTC (unlocked from a carrier with a January release), the S Samsung ( with a mid December release), and potentially the next iteration would be for Motorola to build as it seems to be the thing with the Nexus line, rotating manufacturers. The next big thing may be releasing the Targa on with Verizon service as Google appears to be rotating carriers of the nexus as well. So Verizon users could get the freedom of "Pure Google Experience" from one of the most restrictive manufacturer Motorola on one of the most restrictive carriers Verizon.

Well the nexus one was open, with the S carrier specific. So perhaps the carrier rotation was added later. My info was well before the merger of t-mobile was announced. So if Google had a heads up about the merger and pulled the Nexus to another carrier is plausible.
hmmm interesting...can't wait for more info on this Targa thing.

The Nexus 1 was available for Tmobile first, then At&t and it never came to Sprint or Verizon Iirc. You had to buy them all from Google though.

Back