[Rumor] Next Nexus 10 Tablet will be Asus-Made and Not Samsung; Coming Holidays 2013

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google_nexus_10_side-angle.jpg

This particular bit of info flies in the face of our previous report, but is just plausible enough to be worth sharing. According to new sources, the next Nexus 10 Android tablet will not be made by Samsung, but will instead be an Asus-made product. Additionally, this same source confirmed that the tablet will be coming out later on this year, just in time for the holidays, and will come to both the Google Play Store and Best Buy.

It's difficult to really buy this intel because the previous report seemingly came straight from Google's own Sundar Pichai, straight to Amir Efrati of the Wall Street Journal. Of course, it is possible that Mr. Pichai said a Nexus 10 was coming and that Mr. Efrati simply assumed it was coming from Samsung again. Of course, we can't/shouldn't assume that, so for now this will file squarely in the "highly unlikely yet still possible" section of the filing cabinet.

What do you guys think? Would you be more apt to buy a Nexus 10 made by Asus over Samsung, or does it really matter much to you who makes it?

Source: AndroidAuthority

Doesn't matter who makes it as long as they adhere to Google design aesthetics (clean design and premium feel), run stock Android, and get first dibs on updates.

I think that's great and it will be even better if they make a keyboard for it like the Transformers.

I have put off buying a tablet hearing about a new Nexus coming soon I've heard it to be called Nexus 11. Be nice if it is both Wi-Fi and Cell capable.

I'd be happier if Motorola made it. Samsung made a solid N10 but the accessories are non existent, where ASUS has good accessories but not so hot tablets (I'm being nice).

Thanks for your Nice, I know nothing about " Asus-made" so what your experience has been will help. Thanks

I'd be happier if Motorola made it. Samsung made a solid N10 but the accessories are non existent, where ASUS has good accessories but not so hot tablets (I'm being nice).

I think Asus has made some good tablets. The new infinity with the tegra 5 should be pretty solid.

ASUS made some decent and some lacking ones, I still have a bad taste from the Transformer Prime. ASUS knew of the problems before the launch but rushed it out anyway.

Back