Samsung Fascinate...NO GOOGLE !!!!

My business partner just got his Samsung Fascinate today by way of our Verizon Rep...to his surprise there is NO GOOGLE anything on this phone. It is driven by a Bing search engine, and has no google maps and no access to the market to download. Appearantely the operating system does not support google apps. I can't believe there is no one saying anything about this and does anyone know who made this decisions...Verizon or Samsung...who's to blame

imo...have the phone returned and tell them exactly why. it's utterly ridiculous.

I don't know what some are you taking about the X not being able to load custom roms or remove bloatware. Half of you are very ignorant about the X, and what can be done.

True, some are...But then so are those that think the X needs rooted and the so called bloat removed....

I'd love to see a knock-out phone with a 4.0" screen. 4.3" is nice, but just a tad big, and 3.7" is a tad small.... :)
I said the same thing lol

4" is the sweet spot.
I think the three of us are going to be in line for the same device :)
Plus I would like it to be a MotoDevice, with at least 1.6 Ghz Stock that way I can O/C to 2.3Ghz ;)

Sorry to Hijack this Samsung thread with my MotoDreams....I'm done

i am sure the fascinate can be rooted like the captive. Since the captive was rooted like the galaxy s.

I'm not sure it's a Samsung thing anymore, some of the tweets I saw from other Android sites seem to think that Verizon isn't going to be allowing google search on any future devices due to some deal they struck with Microsoft. .....

I so hope this isn't true.

All that hype over the fascinate........I am disappointed. Looks as if the droid x will be this years android device of the year.

I'm not sure it's a Samsung thing anymore, some of the tweets I saw from other Android sites seem to think that Verizon isn't going to be allowing google search on any future devices due to some deal they struck with Microsoft. .....

I so hope this isn't true.

this is completely true check out this article.

Verizon Wireless to Use Bing Instead of Google Search on Future Android Devices?

Verizon Wireless is dropping Google altogether, and adopting Bing as the new default search engine for all of the other future Android-powered smartphones. Verizon Wireless has already done this to its BlackBerry smartphones. While the company insist that “customers may change the search engine on their phones” if they wish, users can’t find an option to load Google.

The following has been posted by Engadget:

Debunk: Bing not replacing Google on all Verizon Android devices -- Engadget

Someone is jumping the gun...
Google search is still restricted on the Fascinate:

Okay, so the rumor about Verizon's intention to block Google Search in favor of Bing can be put to bed. Business Insider has confirmed the details of the arrangement with a Microsoft representative. What's the deal? Bing will come loaded on a handful of phones, but will not be exclusive to Verizon. Further, it will not be on all of Verizon's devices. In a nutshell it will be like this for some of Verizon's phones. However, it's not fully explained whether or not Google Search will be restricted on future handsets as it is with the Fascinate. I'll assume that it will be unless we hear otherwise.

Back