Sapphire 0.7.0 Problems

i am having a problem with voice search it is force closing in car home and when i long press the search dedicated button however the voice input works while texting

There is a fix for this the the WIKI website located HERE
thank you sorry i would have looked more in depth but i was in a bit of a hurry and i knew someone here could help fast

I installed Sapphire.7, and now I can't do things in ROM Manager. Tried to flash CW recovery, and got "error occurred while trying to run privileged commands". Same thing with fix permissions and flash alternate recovery. I went back to BB.4, and everything works, so it must be a Sapphire problem. Anyone else?
And yes, I did re-install Sapphire, and had same results.

I had exactly the same issues with ROM Manager and I noticed my Super Permissions Ninja was missing from the App drawer. I also went back to BB.4 and all is ok now including the Super Ninja is back.

Rrunning from Rom manger having no issues every thing works
I installed Sapphire.7, and now I can't do things in ROM Manager. Tried to flash CW recovery, and got "error occurred while trying to run privileged commands". Same thing with fix permissions and flash alternate recovery. I went back to BB.4, and everything works, so it must be a Sapphire problem. Anyone else?
And yes, I did re-install Sapphire, and had same results.

I had exactly the same issues with ROM Manager and I noticed my Super Permissions Ninja was missing from the App drawer. I also went back to BB.4 and all is ok now including the Super Ninja is back.

Reboot Loop when browsing

I have been using Sapphire for few weeks and have upgraded to .7. I have a Moto Droid, running the custom P3 kernel LV 125/1000. I tried LV125/1250 and my phone was really fast. However, was browsing, phone froze and rebooted itself. It felt hot and went into a reboot loop. I had to reboot into recovery and flash back to the lower voltage kernel. However, I have still had problems. I use SetCPU and detected the device and let it do the settings.

Over the weekend, I rooted my husband's Moto Droid, flashed up to the newest Sapphire and, he is having similar problems - phone gets hot, freezes and he has to reboot. He has the 125/1000 kernel that was stock on this version of Sapphire.

I don't know what settings to change since I am not really familiar with using the scripts.

Would really appreciate some pointers and help with this.

I have been using Sapphire for few weeks and have upgraded to .7. I have a Moto Droid, running the custom P3 kernel LV 125/1000. I tried LV125/1250 and my phone was really fast. However, was browsing, phone froze and rebooted itself. It felt hot and went into a reboot loop. I had to reboot into recovery and flash back to the lower voltage kernel. However, I have still had problems. I use SetCPU and detected the device and let it do the settings.

Over the weekend, I rooted my husband's Moto Droid, flashed up to the newest Sapphire and, he is having similar problems - phone gets hot, freezes and he has to reboot. He has the 125/1000 kernel that was stock on this version of Sapphire.

I don't know what settings to change since I am not really familiar with using the scripts.

Would really appreciate some pointers and help with this.

1250 is really high. I would stick to 1000 at most, and regards your husband's droid you might want to drop the clock to 800 and see what happens.

For what it's worth, I recently tried running my phone at 600 MHz vs. 1000 MHz, and I'm not sure I could detect a difference in performance.

For what it's worth, I recently tried running my phone at 600 MHz vs. 1000 MHz, and I'm not sure I could detect a difference in performance.

Pdroid - thanks. I just set my phone back too 800. Will try it here and go lower if necessary. Then I will have a better idea of where to set my husbands phone.

I use xscope as my browser. Would it be better to use the stock browser or does it matter?

Anyone else having issues with Handcent closing while in the middle of typing? Happens any time I type a text of about two lines.

Anyone else having issues with Handcent closing while in the middle of typing? Happens any time I type a text of about two lines.

Cannot say that I have, and I use handcent exclusively. It is the only messaging app I use.

Pdroid - thanks. I just set my phone back too 800. Will try it here and go lower if necessary. Then I will have a better idea of where to set my husbands phone.

I use xscope as my browser. Would it be better to use the stock browser or does it matter?

Use whatever works best for you.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but Handcent has been spot on for me w/o issues. I don't even have stock MMS loaded.

what kernel are you using? I had issues like that with browser if my phone was clocked too high

I'm not sure if this is related to the OP's issue but I find that the launcher animation is slow but this might just be the way that it is designed. The fade in fade out is just irksome.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is related to the OP's issue but I find that the launcher animation is slow but this might just be the way that it is designed. The fade in fade out is just irksome.
Go into spare parts and change the animations to fast

Sent from my Droid

My first install of Sapphire was .7

I backed up my previous rom, wiped 3 times and installed.

I got my desktop and apps restored via titanium backup and because the market was very slow and sluggish, which happened to me on the previous rom for a short time period I tried the market fix. Still sluggish.

I then went and applied the smoked glass theme. with fonts. I didn't realize it was those fonts:) Time to backtrack, reinstall, make a backup then try the non-font smoked glass theme. Worked good, backed up again. Got apps installed. Market still sluggish but it works, as did everything else, I thought.

Yesterday in the car I went to use the voice search for navigation and realized it didn't work. I remembered seeing the fix for it so said oh well, I'll just open the map. No map. I pulled over restored the previous rom and was good to go.

This morning I restored back to Sapphire .7 and did the voice patch. It works, but still no map. Went to the market and it installed with no problem at all. The market is still sluggish.

Tested Handcent after catching up on this thread, it works fine for me.

Anyone know what causes the market to be sluggish? Making another backup now and can try the market fix, but the market does work, albeit slowly.

Back