Sapphire 1.1.0 Install Time

jc265

Reaction score
How long should it take to install? This is the first custom rom I've ever installed, so maybe this is normal, but my phone has been sitting on the rotating blue diamond for almost an hour. Please tell me this is normal lol.

That sounds way too long. Mine was on the diamond for maybe 5 minutes. I'm not sure what you should do in this situation. I'm gonna keep my mouth shut and wait for somebody with more knowledge.

I'm not positive but that seems a little long. What process are you using to install (RM or SPR)? Did you wipe the data and cache prior to installing Sapphire?

Mike

The wiki page says 1-10 minutes and mine was probably 5. During the boot animation I accidentally tapped the power button and it went to the main screen. Could be a total coincidence ...

yeah i wiped everything :( i hope i didn't eff up my phone.......

What process did you use to install? It may be the file you downloaded was corrupted.

Mike

I used ClockworkMod to backup everything via nandroid, then ClockworkMod to install sapphire. I'm restoring my stock version and going to start over.

That is good. Let us know if you need any additional assistance.

I also wiped the data and did a factory reset.

That is good. Let us know if you need any additional assistance.
So after my stock 2.2 is back up and running, should I wipe data>factory default>install sapphire? This is the first time I've done anything to a phone. I'm only good at modding xbox360s lol

Yes you need to wipe the data and cache then install Sapphire

ok, everything is restored, just wiped data and cache..installing again. *crosses fingers*

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in!!!!!!!!
<3 you man. No homo.

Edit:
Sigh..now i can't connect to google to get my contacts back.

Last edited:
Glad you successfully installed Sapphire. Now that you have a stable rom before you add a theme or switch to a different rom make a backup. It only takes a few minutes but can save you hours of work and frustration.

Mike

Back