Screen On Time

yorT

Reaction score
Yes I know, another MY BATTERY SUCKS thread but lately I've been having very poor phone use times with my galaxy nexus. I'm only getting about 1.5 hours of screen time on a VERY good day. Very recently I started getting awful screen time, about 40 mins with the brightness turned down. I've attached some screen shots of recent battery uses. The last one I tried not using the screen that much and my biggest power consumption was Phone Idle. You think my battery is going bad or has been bad or I'm just over reacting? I read somewhere I should be getting 3 hours of screen time stock??

BTW I am 100% stock on 4.0.4 and on the verge of unlocking/rooting but only if I get better battery usage from other roms. Any help is much appreciated!

View attachment 54315View attachment 54316View attachment 54318View attachment 54319View attachment 54317.

I wasn't seeing the same battery discharge rate as you are but last Friday, I rooted and flashed Droid Concepts JB AOSP 4.1.1 . I had 20+ hours on the DC rom before I charged the first time. Granted, it was minimal use of the phone but I did stream music for about 2 hours and my screen time was 40%. Monday, I ran it through it's paces with browsing, email and phone calls for and while working. I can't recall all the stats but after 14+ hours off charger, I still had 49% battery. I am at work now, so I can't provide the screenshots but if you want to see them, I can PM them to you.

This rom is vanilla but runs pretty sweet and that is what I was looking for. DC has a section in the Galaxy Nexus ROMS forums here, if you are interested. Of course, if your battery is going bad, you will find that out with a change in roms.

Unfortunately there is no real indication on what sort of battery life you should be getting. There are so many factors that come into play with battery life, it is almost impossible to tell someone "you should be getting 3 hours of screen on time." Radios used, reception strength, usage patterns, settings, and various other things will be different between two different individuals.

That said, something does look wacky in your pictures. I would guess signal strength is probably one of your biggest problems just judging by the pics.

Personally my next step for advice would be to use something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm <-- that to see if you can track down the cause of the drain.

Back