Screen protector

Mine didn't have any air trapped underneath, it's almost always user error when someone doesn't like a screen protector.

I agree it smudges up quickly, but it's basically the best dry application we have for the Nexus.

Totally agree. No air bubbles what so ever on mine either. And yeah it gets smudges, but nothing a microfiber cloth can't fix. I'll take smudges over scratches any day lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mine didn't have any air trapped underneath, it's almost always user error when someone doesn't like a screen protector.

I agree it smudges up quickly, but it's basically the best dry application we have for the Nexus.

There was no "user error". I cleaned the screen with rubbing alcohol, rubbed it down with the provided cloth, immediately rubbed it down before application as I was holding the protector to the screen, and made sure no dust or hair was present.

The bubbles went away after about a month, but still, unacceptable for a $15 product that's only worth $3.

For some reason the sgp ultra one gets scratched very very easily... other than that the protector is perfect.. anyone else notice that or is it just me

I found between the vzw non anti glare and the sgp....there was very minimal difference. the sgp ones i feel are more scratch resistant though. IMO the non anti glare that vzw sells is very good. i didnt notice a difference when i traded them out.

For some reason the sgp ultra one gets scratched very very easily... other than that the protector is perfect.. anyone else notice that or is it just me

Yup they do get scratched easily but its better than the screen getting scratched. And Yes the screen will scratch had it only a week and got a fine scratch on it so on went the protector

There was no "user error". I cleaned the screen with rubbing alcohol, rubbed it down with the provided cloth, immediately rubbed it down before application as I was holding the protector to the screen, and made sure no dust or hair was present.

The bubbles went away after about a month, but still, unacceptable for a $15 product that's only worth $3.

I just rubbed my air bubbles out with the cloth pushing in a circular motion, pushed them towards the ear piece cut out and away they went. Like I said, user error is 99% of the cause of bad applications of screen protectors. It's tough to get them on perfectly, takes a lot of practice. Btw, rubbing alcohol is not intended for touch screens, can cause blotches and a rainbow affect.

As for those getting scratches on the screen protector, I literally used keys on mine to try and scratch it because I botched my first application with a piece of dust under one corner and couldn't scratch the protector. I'm surprised to hear that they've scratched easily. I've always been impressed with Seidio screen protectors, used one on my OG for 2 years and it held up very well but their protectors have a huge cutout for the top right corner of the Nexus so I went with Steinheil instead.

I've come to the conclusion that unless you work somewhere where there are alot of things that can scratch the screen you don't need a protector.

I've never had one and have never had a scratch.

Gone from 2 years on the OG Droid to 3 months with the Bionic to a month with the Nexus.

And no, it's NOT user error on the Steinheil - that's insulting. The fact is they aren't that great, overpriced, and have defects.

I've come to the conclusion that unless you work somewhere where there are alot of things that can scratch the screen you don't need a protector.

I've never had one and have never had a scratch.

Gone from 2 years on the OG Droid to 3 months with the Bionic to a month with the Nexus.

And no, it's NOT user error on the Steinheil - that's insulting. The fact is they aren't that great, overpriced, and have defects.

SSHGuru, you know that you messed up applying your protector, we've gone over this.

Many of us have the protector on perfectly, hence, "you did it wrong."

I had the anti glare ones...They were awful! I got the ultra oleophobic like so many have, it's great.

Tip: For some reason the front and back labeled wrong. The 1 & 2 are opposite. I thought I was doing it wrong, but I know some other people had that problem too.

I wasted one of mine because of this. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't adhere to the screen. Then when I went to wipe it off, it stuck to the cloth, lol. Thank you, I thought I just messed up!

What is the difference between screen protectors? I got a 3 pack for Ebay for $3.95 shipping included and I think it works fine. But then again I haven't tried out the one liderc suggested.

What is the difference between screen protectors? I got a 3 pack for Ebay for $3.95 shipping included and I think it works fine but then again I haven't tried out the one liderc suggested.

I wish people would post photos how screens look like on their phones. Here is an example of my 50 cent matte protector from eBay, bought 4 for $2.
2012-01-29174221.jpg

Kind of hard to see but you get an idea. No dust, finger prints or reflections and perfect fit without bubbles or lift up

I'm keeping my anti glare on until I can get the one listed the first time or Zagg.

Any of you try the zagg or hear anything about it. Usually have great luck with those. But not too many people like the texture.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

SSHGuru, you know that you messed up applying your protector, we've gone over this.

Many of us have the protector on perfectly, hence, "you did it wrong."

Actually I read some message boards about it and I am far from the only one. Why do you defend it so much? Almost seems like you have a financial interest.

Back