Screen scratches too easily ...

Yeah, I just looked at the website, Gorilla Glass. There is no way your finger scratched the glass unless you have diamond finger tips :). Seriously you must have had some sort of serious grit or else it got scratched some other way.

Nope..nothing but the Tbolt in my right pocket, an I work in a Pharmacy so no dust there.

I even pull my pocket inside out to make sure there isn't any dust or lint before putting the tbolt inside.

it's not just one scratch either but multiple very small light scratches right where my thumb slides up and down., Im very careful with my phone, I know its not me being careless.

I don't have the softest hands in the world but it shouldn't scratch like that.

Yeah, I just looked at the website, Gorilla Glass. There is no way your finger scratched the glass unless you have diamond finger tips :). Seriously you must have had some sort of serious grit or else it got scratched some other way.

Can you supply a link for that info on Corning glass. I was under the impression that the TB did NOT have Gorilla glass

Can you supply a link for that info on Corning glass. I was under the impression that the TB did NOT have Gorilla glass

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/#featured-products

Choose products with gorilla, then look under htc.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Mine has been naked thrown in my pocket since released, zero scratches.

Same here, As has my D1, DI and X...All are still smooth and scratch free.

Thanks for the links. Just makes feel a bit better about my decision to get this phone

If this is gorilla glass, mine must be defective...one drop and the screen shattered...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

If this is gorilla glass, mine must be defective...one drop and the screen shattered...

That is why I was surprised to hear that it was Gorilla glass. I read about a few people who had shattered their screens. I did have my phone dropped on a concrete porch from a seated height. My friend was handing it to me as my dog ran by and knocked it out of her hand. No breakage but a small scratch on the kickstand

It can't be gorilla glass

Gorilla Glass is still glass. It's basically the same as the pan you cook lasagne in. And it's not how far it falls, it's all about how it lands.
Luckily, this phone has only had short drops, but my D1 hit the sidewalk from about 8' when I was on a ladder. The case got nicked. Every drop could've been bad, and I know I'm lucky.

Sent from my brain using my fingers.

Nope..nothing but the Tbolt in my right pocket, an I work in a Pharmacy so no dust there.

I even pull my pocket inside out to make sure there isn't any dust or lint before putting the tbolt inside.

it's not just one scratch either but multiple very small light scratches right where my thumb slides up and down., Im very careful with my phone, I know its not me being careless.

I don't have the softest hands in the world but it shouldn't scratch like that.

275dollar phone and didn't buy a 10th dollar 3 pack of screen protectors lol nice 1... I'm was pretty sure HTC tb does not use gorilla glass but they do use a similar type of product but it does say on the site so who knows . But no way a finger scratches even regular glass maybe u had sumn in ur pocket with if phone.

Yes, the Thunderbolt uses Gorilla Glass.

CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | FEATURED PRODUCTS

Handheld Devices

• Dell: Streak, Venue, Venue Pro
  • HTC: 7 Mozart, 7 Surround T8788, ChaCha, Aria, Desire, Desire HD, Desire S, Desire Z, Dopod A6388, Dopod T8388, Dragon, Droid ERIS, Droid Incredible, EVO 4G, EVO Shift 4G, G1, G2, HD2, HD7, HD mini, Hero, Incredible S, Inspire 4G, Legend, myTouch 3G, myTouch 3G Slide, myTouch 4G, T9199, Thunder Bolt, Tianxi T9188, Salsa, Trophy, Wildfire, Wildfire S
  • LG: Ally, Arena, Arena TV, Crystal, LG Mini, Maxx, New Chocolate, Ophone, Optimus 2X, Optimus 7, Optimus Mach Optimus Q, Optimus Z, Viewty Smart
  • NEC: docomo PRIME series N-02B, MEDIAS N-04C
  • Samsung: Behold II, Captivate, Continuum, Corby S3650, Corby W900, Fascinate, Flight II, Focus, Galaxy A, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy S, Galaxy S 4G, Lindy, Mesmerize, Monte, Monte Preston, Omnia HD, S8500 WAVE, Showcase, Trance, Transform, Ultra TOUCH S8300, Vibrant, Wave II
  • SK Telesys: Rain Phone, Reaction Phone, W Phone

Mine has several scratches, and I'm very careful with my phone. My OG droid, on the other hand, looks brand new--scratch free. What gives?!

Back