signal issues

i live off of linton lane and my parents live off of pennsylvania avenue around 24th street. Haven't checked it out on three springs drive.
My fiance said she gets 4g here for 3 or 4 hours out of the whole day. I think mine is about 1 to 2 hours.

wvdroidman said:
i live off of linton lane and my parents live off of pennsylvania avenue around 24th street. Haven't checked it out on three springs drive.
My fiance said she gets 4g here for 3 or 4 hours out of the whole day. I think mine is about 1 to 2 hours.

By that map it look like you are on very edge of 4G that would explain some of you battery problems the radios are struggling to get and hold on to signal = not good for battery life

I was just at walmart on three springs drive which should be 4g and I only got 3g.

wvdroidman said:
I was just at walmart on three springs drive which should be 4g and I only got 3g.

Like I said you may have a device with radio issues I would ask for a replacement if its under warranty. These are mass produced a lot of phones have issues here and there.

Guess I should of asked this before are you running a custom rom?

ok what about my battery life? My thunderbolt extended battery lasted almost 2 days but at least one day. This extended battery doesn't even last one day.

I am running 4.1.1 stock. I don't want to switch to a different model (raz, razr maxx or gs3) because I will lose jellybean and some don't even have ice cream sandwich.

ok what about my battery life? My thunderbolt extended battery lasted almost 2 days but at least one day. This extended battery doesn't even last one day.

I am running 4.1.1 stock. I don't want to switch to a different model (raz, razr maxx or gs3) because I will lose jellybean and some don't even have ice cream sandwich.

No one can give any idea on your battery life until you provide some logs. Better battery stats or gsam battery monitor would be helpful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Screen is using 80% the radio 1.9% and applications 18.1%. Also held awak is using .2%
11 minutes 20 seconds and down to 95%.

Left- average 03:26
Left - last 5m: 3:36
Left Talk Time 3:56

this as of 1:27 am

Signal went from 5 bars to 2 bars.
1: 0%
2: 0%
3: 11%
4: 65%
5: 23%

The official extended battery for the GN, is only ~10% larger than the stock battery, it more than likely won't make a night and day difference over the stock. Theoretically if the stock lasts 10hrs, the extended would last 11hrs. Other extended batteries can be much larger, some theoretically double the life. Perhaps you had one of these "super" batteries on your T-bolt.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm <-- run that and see what it says is draining your battery, then try and figure out ways to lower that.

You said screen is 80% of your drain in the above post. Have you lowered the brightness?

Edit: I just reread your post, and saw it had just been unplugged (forgive me it is late haha). You can't get advice for battery life in only a few minutes. Use it as you normally would tomorrow (or today depending on your timezone), then post with results/information. That said, when you unplug it isn't always at 100%. It can be in the 90s somewhere. Without getting overly scientific, when your battery hits 100%, it stops charging, and actually starts discharging for a little while, then goes back to charging after a bit. So you could potetnially unplug at 96% and it just dropped 1% in a few minutes type of thing.

I am using that program. I had the screen brightness all the way lowered and it barely helped.

I had the htc extended battery.

I am using that program. I had the screen brightness all the way lowered and it barely helped.

I had the htc extended battery.

If the HTC extended is the 2750mAH version I see via a quick search that is a larger battery than what the extended battery in the GN is. Stock battery in GN is 1850, extended battery from Samsung is 2100. They do make larger batteries for the GN, not official ones from Samsung though.

Give the program some time, use the device as you normally would. Go to work, check emails, call people, send texts, browse websites, play games....whatever you normally would do with your device. Then check the stats. You can take some screenshots (volume down + power button) and share them, or share the relevant info here and we can see about getting it down.

I still think you should work on getting your signal woes fixed, because if your device is fighting for signal, you are more than likely draining battery while it is doing that.

That could actually just be the store. Most big box stores I've found are not the best for 4g penetration. All of the steel surrounding the building doesn't help so you really can't gauge it by that.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

I was outside in the parking lot. Problem is I still can't solve my battery problem.

please close this thread. This has run it's course and I will start a new thread.

Back