Skype Calls Over 3G Hacked Already

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
unlocked.jpg

Skype is the undisputed best free (for the most part) Voip software available, but when they released their latest Android application they removed 3G calling for everyone in the USA. Well that feature has been hacked and re-enabled by one of our members by the name of xeudoxus, who I have been talking to and he says this was quite simple and took him a matter of 15 minutes to do it.

To install this, simply download the apk that's in the thread, copy and paste it in your memory card and install it using a fill manager application. When it is done installing go to the application and call us to tell us how awesome it runs.

I am sure everyone is happy to see this feature added to their service, and I for one am going to post this then download it and call forum administrator Dan :smile: .

Well I think you have waited enough for free calls over skype, download the apk in the original thread

Well guys if you love this news... tip the big news site and tell them what we are cooking

Well guys if you love this news... tip the big news site and tell them what we are cooking.

I don't use Skype regularly but I did have a use recently that Skype surprisingly didn't help with. I was out of the country and couldn't leave airplane mode or face serious roaming charges. Skype wouldn't call over wifi.

Is that something that now is possible? If not, what's the real advantage here?

I don't use Skype regularly but I did have a use recently that Skype surprisingly didn't help with. I was out of the country and couldn't leave airplane mode or face serious roaming charges. Skype wouldn't call over wifi.

Airplane mode kills WiFi connections. It kills ALL wireless connections.

Airplane mode kills WiFi connections. It kills ALL wireless connections.

Negative. I was able to surf the web (including here) through wifi. Only thing that kept me sane for two weeks.

My bad. If I'm out of country I turn off the 3G and roaming and leave on the WiFi connection -- no need for Airplane mode.

But my bad on the fact that Airplane mode is supposed to turn off all wireless connections. FCC regulations and all that.

My bad. If I'm out of country I turn off the 3G and roaming and leave on the WiFi connection -- no need for Airplane mode.

But my bad on the fact that Airplane mode is supposed to turn off all wireless connections. FCC regulations and all that.

True and one fact I failed to remember was that airplane mode does kill wifi but then you can go in and turn only that on and it'll work.

So, still no calls over wifi on Skype? What exactly did the hack do for us?

Jim,

If you're talking about the new version of Skype (not Skype Mobile, the official Verizon app), it lets you make calls over WiFi and this cracked version allows 3G as well.

The version this story is about is just Skype and it only hit the market like yesterday and ONLY works with WiFi.

And I know there's a clearer way to say that, but it's just not coming to me. :)

Back