Slide to answer Call??

icur12

Reaction score
Newbie here wondering why I cant answer a phone call because the slide on the screen (green one) won't slide to the right side. I also tried to slide the (red) end call and nothing is happening? I have missed three phone calls today because of this issue. Anyone else having this??

Thanks in advanced!!

Pete

not a newbie and I've had same problem.
touch screen is very finicky. prior to upgrade a week ago I wanted to throw the phone out the window. I couldn't even get into the phone, becuase it wouldn't accept the unlock code. worked great for a few days after the upgrade, except for phone calls. I'd say it lets me answer about 20% of incoming calls. This is already my second phone since september. not sure if it's hardware or OS that's the problem...

I had this problem once, and locking and then unlocking the phone fixed the screen. It's some sort of bug, but I have no idea what it comes from.

the screen can be a little finicky like that. if you're going to slide it quickly make sure you're in the middle of the button. the point of contact that the phone registers can be a little off which causes the slider to not go all the way.

sometimes a simple restart or "standby" can help it.

Yeah have this same problem after 2.1 update .
Has really gotten worse , miss the original curved gesture call answer movement .
Forgot to mention other gestures work fine, lock, unlock, sound on/off, just calls.

Last edited:
As I've said numerous times, this has to be another one of the DUMBEST implementations of something that really didn't need fixing. Everything was right with just having a button - even if they couldn't provide a hardware button that should answer the phone. Ludicrous.

Next is the inability to remove the mandatory lock screen (thankfully mylock works much of the time, but not always.) I hate it... but does motorola listen? :) Nah... but we did get live wallpapers, lol.

Is there any app that replaces the answer call swipe with an answer button? Someone needs to get on that, if not. I wonder if myLock could be coded to do that?

Is there any app that replaces the answer call swipe with an answer button? Someone needs to get on that, if not. I wonder if myLock could be coded to do that?
Apparently the Nexus One does the same. Do all Android devices respond in the same fashion? Is this an issue of all of us having to wait until Google gets off their high horse and admits they've made a wrong turn several times and just fix this?

I found an app in the Market named AutoAnswer, which auto answers calls when they ring.

Here is a comment from the Market:

Finally...a stable and well written for my Droid. I can use handsfree or on bike riding and keep both hands on wheel. It even bypasses the slide lock.

I would think, based on this, that an app could be built that would bypass the lock screen, and give the caller ID screen with an answer button instead of the swipe to answer. If I were a developer, I would give it a go, but...I'm not. :redface:

Edit: The app is free and open source.

Last edited:
I posted a link to this thread in the Developers forum as a suggestion. Maybe someone will be willing to try it.

Same thing happening to me - can't get the slide to work when the phone rings............. does anyone have experience with the app mentioned - and exactly how does it work - may be worth down loading if it is what I need

TYIA :)

Yep -- the myLock dev is already working on this -- see this post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ee-phone-answering-autoanswer.html#post378448

I found an app in the Market named AutoAnswer, which auto answers calls when they ring.

Finally...a stable and well written for my Droid. I can use handsfree or on bike riding and keep both hands on wheel. It even bypasses the slide lock.

I would think, based on this, that an app could be built that would bypass the lock screen, and give the caller ID screen with an answer button instead of the swipe to answer. If I were a developer, I would give it a go, but...I'm not. :redface:

I've always been terrible with the slide to unlock, so I use AutoAnswer (I set it for any of my Starred contacts, but you can also choose All Callers, and Only my Contacts) and have been for about a week. I like it a lot. I also have myLock, so between the two, I'm very happy with the result. :D

I've always been terrible with the slide to unlock, so I use AutoAnswer (I set it for any of my Starred contacts, but you can also choose All Callers, and Only my Contacts) and have been for about a week. I like it a lot. I also have myLock, so between the two, I'm very happy with the result. :D

I have myLock also, and love it. I get why you use AutoAnswer, but in my case, I would rather have an answer button, instead of the phone auto answering calls.

Back