Smartwatch Poll - Which One is Right for You?

Which smartwatch is right for you?

• Huawei Watch

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Moto 360 1st Gen (for a sale price)

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Moto 360 2nd Gen

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Asus ZenWatch 2

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Apple Watch

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Samsung Gear S2/S2 Classic

• Microsoft Band

• Sony Smartwatch 3

• Pebble Watch (multiple versions)

• LG Watch Urbane

• LG Watch Urbane LTE

• Other

• None. I am waiting for a future device which will do more than the current crop.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • None. I don't want to wear a watch at all.

• Total voters
Which one are you looking for?
I've got a S1 so I'll look it up for ya should you like. Might be a few hours before I respond back because I am going to work in a little and I leave my phone in my locker and just use my watch, whose browser loads DF very slowly so I just don't bother.

I really just need an app to track exercise/weight/sets/reps, with a rest timer. I use JEFIT on my smartphone, but I don't think there's a Tizen version. The other app I'm aware of on Androidwear is called Progression.

Thanks, if you see something interesting maybe it will be worth getting the Gear 2 and just risk the re-stock fee. I think I like it quite a bit better than the 360.

Here's one I found. It'll take 3 screen shots to get the whole description in. It's free.
For resting timers I use one called Dual Timer ,1 set for exercises, the second for resting time. I wrote a thread about it in the wearable sub forum
Anyway here's the description of the weight lifting app.
8fd07fd42b4385d892ca40af86009cf8.jpg

a263f220764c77c55ef7f3696292b1d6.jpg

4c03162fd47643be7c01858098a2ec20.jpg

It has a 3.5 star rating but no written reviews about it, only star ones.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

That one looks interesting enough to give the Gear S2 a shot.

Looks like it's even available on Android to test out.

Thanks!!

That one looks interesting enough to give the Gear S2 a shot.

Looks like it's even available on Android to test out.

Thanks!!
I'm not sure if it's a standalone or companion app though. I like the Tizen platform best because of its standalone ability I either platform. Once AW adds in that ability on a bigger scale I'll be looking I that direction if they make one with a screen my old eyes can see without zooming. Just like electronic stylus pens are my biggest influence on buying a phone, mammoth screen will get my next dollars as well or I'll hang on to my dinosaur until it petrifies. I've got a large wrist and arm so mammoth works fine for looks on me fortunately.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I'm not sure if it's a standalone or companion app though.

I couldn't tell either...it would appear to be a companion app (I don't think smartwatches have the horsepower to run all those analytics). But it should be simple enough record data on the watch and sync back-and-forth between the cloud for analysis on the phone.

I think I like the Gear S2 enough to trial whatever apps or available in the store, and if none of them work for me I'll just eat the re-stock fee and get the Moto 360, especially if the Gear S2 hits stores first.

Microsoft Band...its oriented around fitness and thats why I bought it. Very very happy with it. Looking forward to the Band 2 next month.
Been an extremely happy, devoted Band user since last November. Sadly walked into a Microsoft store yesterday and replaced my first (which was disintegrating) with a brand new second one (they did it no questions asked). Why sadly??? Now I can't decide whether to open up the replacement, or sell it and use the cash to buy Band 2. Tough decision. And my wrist feels so naked while I sit here wallowing in my indecision. And I keep getting ghost notifications on my empty wrist. Only @cereal killer could possibly understand what I'm talking about!

Actually, the decision got MUCH trickier when I saw the announcement for Moto's 360 Sport. IF (and it's a BIG IF) it has 24/7 HR monitoring and sleep tracking then I'll happily make the switch from the Band to the Sport. I REALLY love the Band and I think Band 2 will be greatly improved, but I couldn't pass up an Android Wear watch that could do everything the Band does and more.
-Matt

Been an extremely happy, devoted Band user since last November. Sadly walked into a Microsoft store yesterday and replaced my first (which was disintegrating) with a brand new second one (they did it no questions asked). Why sadly??? Now I can't decide whether to open up the replacement, or sell it and use the cash to buy Band 2. Tough decision. And my wrist feels so naked while I sit here wallowing in my indecision. And I keep getting ghost notifications on my empty wrist. Only @cereal killer could possibly understand what I'm talking about!

Actually, the decision got MUCH trickier when I saw the announcement for Moto's 360 Sport. IF (and it's a BIG IF) it has 24/7 HR monitoring and sleep tracking then I'll happily make the switch from the Band to the Sport. I REALLY love the Band and I think Band 2 will be greatly improved, but I couldn't pass up an Android Wear watch that could do everything the Band does and more.
-Matt
I think anyone with any sort of smartwatch can relate to ghost notifications and many of us can relate to feeling off balance and nekid when it's not on the wrist. Using them for fitness tracking is what started me as well.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I've used a bunch the last few years, my apple watch has been my favorite so far.

Currently using a gear S.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if it's a standalone or companion app though.

It's a companion app, although I'm sure that could change. Back to the drawing board...

Anyway, I like the looks and specs of the Gear S2 enough over the 360 to gladly eat a re-stock fee for a trial. Unless the 360 hits the market first, which I highly doubt.

It's a companion app, although I'm sure that could change. Back to the drawing board...

Anyway, I like the looks and specs of the Gear S2 enough over the 360 to gladly eat a re-stock fee for a trial. Unless the 360 hits the market first, which I highly doubt.
I hope nobody gets upset we're a bit off topic but as you wrote before, the current watches don't have the horse power to do much more than collect data, use sensors, sync data to the workhorse. That's what excited me about the Neptune watch. It's an Android (lollipop) watch with all the workhorse ability of a phone and uses a dummy screen for what we use watches for now and/or a touch keyboard and butler for the watch itself. The smartwatch/smartphone concept in reverse. I'm sure battery life isn't measured in days but this is all still cutting edge stuff that could really change things as dramatically as tablets have of they'll embrace the technological possibilities moving forward.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I'm going to say the women's version of the 360. I'm anxious to see how it fits on my tiny wrists!

Sent from my Verizon G4

I'm a big fan of the Pebble, mainly for the battery life.

This is my estimated battery life, circled in red, after being unplugged from the charger for about 10 hours. It's one of the things I really appreciate about the Gear S
26e333b70e4f1b09a2180a63adcc482f.jpg

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

dick-tracy-smartwatch.jpg

I picked up the Watch Urbane as soon as it hit the marketplace. I liked the looks and I needed to try the technology. I scratched that itch. Now the watch has been sitting on its charge cradle for about three weeks. I simply lost interest. It's hard to read in bright day light outdoors. It's too bright to wear at night (keeps my wife awake). I have to remember to take it off before I dive into the pool or stick my hand in the river to land the trout. It just doesn't do enough to keep me interested. I'm now waiting for the technology to grow into something more useful. We will see.

I am a bit of a watch junkie. I thought it would be a nice addition to my collection of analogs (I use the analog face). mehhh

Nate

LG coming out with the Urbane 2nd Edition....with 3G/LTE and all the bells and whistles. I'm sure it will be priced accordingly, but also running Android Wear this might be the new spec beast of smartwatches. Pretty fine looking, too, although I think Huwaii is still my favorite.

Promo video really pushes fitness and the LTE...but I wonder if it will be too big and too expensive to really be an everyday fitness watch. Have to assume it can't be priced much more than the Moto 360 or Gear 2, maybe except for an extra $50 for the LTE.

Glad I waited...this batch of smartwatches are pretty feature rich. 3 to choose from now, although this one and the Moto Sport might still be months from release.

Back