So my gorilla glass is scratched

Human_Droid

Reaction score
My Unscratchable Gorilla glass on my bionic is scratched. Now what?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

as ridiculous as it sounds (and it sounds pretty ridiculous) the bionic has a layer of anti glare "sealer" on top of the Gorilla Glass which is not scratch resistant, kinda defeats the purpose of having gorilla glass in the first place if you ask me

It's scratch resistant not scratch proof.

It's scratch resistant not scratch proof.
The bionic scratches easily, some who have had a D1 with no case/screen protector for a long period of time with no scratches have reported having scratches on the bionic already - it's not the gorilla glass that's scratching though, it's the anti glare layer that was placed on top

The bionic scratches easily, some who have had a D1 with no case/screen protector for a long period of time with no scratches have reported having scratches on the bionic already - it's not the gorilla glass that's scratching though, it's the anti glare layer that was placed on top

I'm one of them -- we need a chemical hack to remove it, I find scratches are much more annoying than glare

you got monkey glass

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

LOL. monkey glass. That's funny! Just put a screen protector on it. You can't even tell its there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

My Thunderbolt has a tiny scratch on the screen, and it's made with Gorilla Glass too. My D1 never scratched. Maybe the HTC Tbolt has the antiglare junk on it too?

Not to be rude...but these screens are not made of diamond....I assure you all screens can scratch. Gorilla glass is less prone to scratching but not impervious to it. I have Zagg's invisible shield on my phone and I have scratched it multiple times although it claims it is scratch proof. Just throw a screen protector on it and you'll be fine.

Quoted from Corning's Gorilla Glass website(I did the underlining):

"Damage resistance: Gorilla Glass is chemically strengthened through an ion-exchange process that creates a deep compression layer on the surface of the glass substrate. This layer acts as “armor” to reduce the introduction of flaws by end users."

Last edited:
Back