Still no 2.2 on the X

atticus

Reaction score
Writing on behalf of my sister. I have a Droid1, she got the X. I rooted her phone back in Aug, and when 2.2 finally started rolling out, she could never get 2.2. It would download, and during installation, it would get to 33% and fail. This would happen to her boyfriends X as well, whose phone I also rooted. They aren't as crazy about the whole "open source" stuff as I am, so he took it into his own hands, did some research, and unrooted both there phones without my knowledge, or help. And they are both still on 2.1, and getting the failed installation message at 33%.

Any ideas on how to finally get these 2 people on 2.2?

Actually mine did the same thing. I called warranty and they sent me a new one. I mentioned nothing about it ever being rooted and I told them I had issues with the Official 2.2 OTA. All they asked is where I got the update from. I told them settings/about phone/system updates.

I did reroot it and get rid of all SU files/apk's. Then I wiped it right after I got mine in the mail and right before I sent it back.

I tried everything to get it to go before calling warranty.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

i had mine on the leaked 2.2 and had the same problem, then i did a .sbf restore back to the 2.1 then after i activated everything, it brought the OTA message up for the update, then rerooted after that.

i had mine on the leaked 2.2 and had the same problem, then i did a .sbf restore back to the 2.1 then after i activated everything, it brought the OTA message up for the update, then rerooted after that.

Yea I wasn't too knowledgeable in the SBF area when I first started. And actually I still haven't had to do it. But he may wanna give it a try as a option before calling warranty.

Yea I wasn't too knowledgeable in the SBF area when I first started. And actually I still haven't had to do it. But he may wanna give it a try as a option before calling warranty.

yea, i was the same way, but then read up on it. ill do anything to prevent from warranty taking my phone, unless the screen cracks or something obvious. haha

Well then I'm like how you were. I'm not knowledgeable in the SBF area, and I can guarantee he is not a well. What's the first step to get there phones back to stock-nothing-special 2.2 :)

So after I have them download that file... Then what? and does all of this need to be done from a computer?

yes a windows computer (or linux based works)

just read the second link on how to flash the SBF - and the bootloader for the DX is holding down the camera and volume down button when powering on

Sorry for your troubles. I was in the same boat and flashed sbf to return to 2.1, then the 2.2 OTA installed.

Make sure all of your drivers are installed and good to go. Check out my tutorial for that here: http://tweakmydevice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Install-Drivers-to-setup-your-PC.pdf

If you'd like to see some screenshots of an sbf flash in action for visual reference, follow my Droid 1 Root tutorial here: http://tweakmydevice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Root-Motorola-Droid-1.pdf

***Make sure you DO NOT use the sbf file in that Droid1 tutorial on a DX*** Obvious I know, just wanna give fair warning.

I will try to put together a generic sbf flash tutorial tomorrow with more pictures. Hope this helps :)

Thank you, everyone, so much. He said they would give it a shot today when he gets out of work. All of this info will help tremendously. Thank you again.

Back