T-Mobile to replace grandfathered plans with new Simple Choice plans!!!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
tmo_0.jpg

After seeing the information about Verizon Getting rid of Unlimited plans by 2014. Here comes T-Mobile replacing Grandfathered plans with Simple Choice plans.

T-Mobile is ready to start reducing the number of legacy plans it has on its network. According to reports from users and now an official statement from T-Mobile, we know that the carrier is ready to start replacing grandfathered plans that are no longer offered with more modern Simple Choice plans very soon. All T-Mobile customers, no matter how old their plan is, will be "forced" onto a new Simple Choice offering in the coming months. But these long-standing customers won't just be given the current crop of Simple Choice options, they will instead be given a choice from dozens of new, unadvertised no-contract plans. Indications are that T-Mobile is ready to mix-and-match features in any way possible to keep you happy. Single line unlimited plans will start at just $20 (over the current $50), and T-Mobile expects most people to get the same or better features at a comparable price to their current plan.
Although this sounds like a pretty great deal for anyone with a legacy plan that has held out on moving to Simple Choice, T-Mobile is extending an offer to cancel your service with no penalty by February 1, 2014 should you be unhappy with the new offerings.
Those with legacy single line and family plans should see letters arriving in their mailboxes very soon indicating that the plan changes are coming, so keep an eye out if you're in that crowd. You could be in store for a much-improved plan at no additional cost if you play your cards right.

Source

THAT is customer service. Take notes, Verizon.

All T-Mobile needs is to offer better signal reception in my area and I would gladly give them my money.

Sprint is doing the same thing. Replacing a lot of old plans with their new "My Way" plan. If you're currently on an old plan you can keep it for now, but I'm sure eventually they will gradually push all customers towards the My Way plan.

Well let's see at&t did cap data first verizon followed right behind. Now T-Mobile forcing people off unlimited data and guessing Verizon will do the same. See if Verizon was smart they would not wanna follow other carries and be better by not forcing people off. But they will follow t-moblie like they did with at&t.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Droid Forums

Well let's see at&t did cap data first verizon followed right behind. Now T-Mobile forcing people off unlimited data and guessing Verizon will do the same. See if Verizon was smart they would not wanna follow other carries and be better by not forcing people off. But they will follow t-moblie like they did with at&t.

What are you talking about, T-Mobile forcing people off unlimited???

THAT is customer service. Take notes, Verizon.

This^ ...I will happily get rid of my unlimited plan if I can get something reasonable for a comparable price. Don't offer me 2GB of shared data and charge me $60 more a month and try to tell me it's a great deal. Give me 10GB and charge me the same thing and you can have my unlimited plan.

Technically, TMobile isn't forcing people off of their unlimited plans. They are just moving them from old, defunct plans to their current unlimited plans. So they still get unlimited, just that they are paying more for them.

Technically, TMobile isn't forcing people off of their unlimited plans. They are just moving them from old, defunct plans to their current unlimited plans. So they still get unlimited, just that they are paying more for them.

I'm not even sure about paying more for them. Single line with unlimited plans starting at $20, tack in $30 for unlimited high speed data and you got $50. WTF, I want that!!! I just signed up for TMobile a few weeks ago.

I'm not even sure about paying more for them. Single line with unlimited plans starting at $20, tack in $30 for unlimited high speed data and you got $50. WTF, I want that!!! I just signed up for TMobile a few weeks ago.

Well, people are saying that TMobile is telling them that they have to give up their $5.99 unlimited data plans.

Back