Those having batt manager probs or fc's on 2.2...check this

bcals0087

Reaction score
Ok so I've been bothered by the fc's i've been having and not being able to check battery status. Overall the phone just wasn't as smooth on 2.2. I also use launcher pro plus, and that was just choppy. very frustrating. Any time I rebooted the phone, it would reboot but only the moto logo would show, but the phone would boot up. I would have to battery pull and reboot again to get the screen to show up. Even more frustrating! So i had been contemplating whether to go back to 2.1. But even that seems like a pain in the ass, especially with a lot of people saying they were having problems. (however it might have been them who were the problem, not the instructions or files). Point being, if I will still receieve the OTA update, then screw it, ill keep the leak and wait. I

But to the point, I rebooted in recovery mode, and hit the wipe cache partition, and that seemed to have done the trick. I can access battery status, no fc's, and I have smoothness back in my Launcher pro.

Now I have question. I have an E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command showing in recovery mode. What is that crap? I don't mess with system files, why would I have that? And is it bad?

Alright that's all, I hope i've helped some people with their issues.

you mean in clockwork recovery?

if yes then after u upgrade to froyo go back to koush website and download DroidXBootstrapper.apk again, its a new version for froyo.

or if u donated its prob on market waiting to update.

rerun the bootstrap again after installation then rom manager should backup and restore or w/e with no problems

if you meant for normal recovery, then i have no idea sorry

No not koush's recovery, just the stock recovery. I didn't have his recovery, and I read some did have a problem originally with his recovery and trying to update to 2.2. I'm talking about stock recovery, how we installed update.zip from sd card. That menu there is a clear cache partition. That's what fixed it for me. That's also where I see my error that's pissing me off.

odd indeed, did the error pop after you cleared the cache? or was it there when you first hit the button. i only ask cause if it was there originally it seems like the command still worked.

if not then after clearing your cache something went haywire..

either way i have no logical help for you sorry, my 1st thought would be to sbf and start from scratch cause i cant stand errors either on my phone.

but i know alot of ppl are having huge problems using sbf.

good luck to you!

Ok so I've been bothered by the fc's i've been having and not being able to check battery status. Overall the phone just wasn't as smooth on 2.2. I also use launcher pro plus, and that was just choppy. very frustrating. Any time I rebooted the phone, it would reboot but only the moto logo would show, but the phone would boot up. I would have to battery pull and reboot again to get the screen to show up. Even more frustrating! So i had been contemplating whether to go back to 2.1. But even that seems like a pain in the ass, especially with a lot of people saying they were having problems. (however it might have been them who were the problem, not the instructions or files). Point being, if I will still receieve the OTA update, then screw it, ill keep the leak and wait. I

But to the point, I rebooted in recovery mode, and hit the wipe cache partition, and that seemed to have done the trick. I can access battery status, no fc's, and I have smoothness back in my Launcher pro.

Now I have question. I have an E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command showing in recovery mode. What is that crap? I don't mess with system files, why would I have that? And is it bad?

Alright that's all, I hope i've helped some people with their issues.

I have a rooted X, never did any of the Koush recovery stuff, and applied the OTA.

I tried clearing cache from the stock recovery, but I still have the error in Batt Manager.

I get that error in recovery too. There is nothing in the /cache/recovery folder on my X. Perhaps we could create a folder named "command" in the /cache/recovery folder. But then the error might be something different?

Ok just cleared the cache in stock recovery will see if it fixes battery problems. I have the same error about the cache recovery folder.

Yeah didn't work for me still FC on battery manager.

Ok just cleared the cache in stock recovery will see if it fixes battery problems. I have the same error about the cache recovery folder.

Yeah didn't work for me still FC on battery manager.
Me too, I've cleared cache a bunch of times now too.

As to the error, it is easy to get rid of.
You need to place an empty file in the /cache/recovery folder. The file needs to be named "command". I tried a folder, but that didn't work. But a file does. I'm not sure of the permissions, but I just gave it 777 (I checked everything in Root Explorer's permissions dialog box). I booted into recovery, and no error. I cleared cache and rebooted. That cache/recovery/command file is gone after a "clear cache" though, so it is rather a useless fix. It doesn't "fix" anything anyway, except the error nag. :(

Yeah your right sorry about that, I guess I jumped the gun. I tried it multiple multiple times, and it wasn't fc'ing so I thought it was a good go. Oh well, it didn't even fix my reboot. I just rebooted and it stuck on moto logo, and had to battery pull. What the ef!

Seems like they work some of the time, and not some of the time. Thanks humpa for the temporary fix.

I went to Settings--> Applications--> Manage Applications--> All--> Battery Manager. From there I clicked Clear Data, and for the hell of it I clicked Force Stop. That fixed my FC on Battery Manager.

Will try it but it always seems to come back after awhile no matter what ya do.

I went to Settings--> Applications--> Manage Applications--> All--> Battery Manager. From there I clicked Clear Data, and for the hell of it I clicked Force Stop. That fixed my FC on Battery Manager.

Yeah tried that didn't work, I guess at least it isn't to annoying I can't use it. I can still see how much battery I have left. And can dial the 4636 code if I really wanna see what is using battery. I am sure they will get it fixed.

+1. I even went to 2.1 and back again (used Koush's method the first time, and P3Droid's the second) still have the problem. dammit. least it's not me.

I guess I did use rom manager to fix permissions a few minutes before I did the clear data. But for a different reason. Maybe that played a part in fixing it.

Im glad I don't have that problem. You all did do ghetto SBF flash before updating to 2.2 right???

Also launcher is buggy on 2.2. That is the reason why the phone isn't smooth for u.

Install ADW launcher, and everything will b smooth sailing :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What would doing this "ghetto sbf flash" before updating do anyways. As long as you were stock, rooted, and followed the instructions correctly, I do not see having to flash stock, then root, then update, would effect it any differently.

Back