To my DF family...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD,

You've always been a stand up guy on this forum AFAIK, so nothing changes in my eyes, as I know not what went on.

+1 for apologies and "manning up."

Here's to many years of happy droiding.

DD - you better not abandon DF. You've been a great asset and a friend I turn to from time to time with issues since we've both had our checks signed by the same employer. It sounds like you're staying based on everyone's comments. I have no idea what you're referring to, but I'm a big advocate of second chances and a public apology shows you truly are sorry.

I kinda saw what happened DD (not sure how much I missed that may have been removed by Mods) and the fact that you took time enough to write this post speaks volumes IMO.

I am never one to speak for others or make excuses for them, so please don't take the following as such. I read eagle's pre-edited post about the closing of sourcery, and while I admit your name should not have been mentioned in there, I personally didn't read it and feel it came across as pointing blame at you. I'd like to think eagle was just upset about having to end something he's worked so long and hard on and kinda lashed out a bit.

Again, I am not 100% certain of what exactly went down that folks didn't see, but I would not imagine it warrants you leaving the community, as others have stated here in this thread. You obviously have been around this forum a while, and I see why when you create a thread like this, pretty much "outting" yourself (although IMO you didn't need to)! You care about how you impact the community and I think that in itself is why you should stay!!

I really appreciate the kind words guys (and girl)! I will not only stay but, give you all a commitment to not fuel any conflicts whatsoever (DF is not the place for that and the community deserves better) from now on! Thank you all!! :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

well i'm not up on the circumstances either... but here is my 2 cents...

...like you, i came to DF because i wanted to root my droid and overclock it to "make it faster" and had NO idea what I was getting into. now, i LOVE it. i love helping people and contributing and doing my part to help others enjoy their droids as much as i have enjoyed mine because others have helped me the same way i try to help newcomers.

[forgetting that there are kids among us] we are all adults, and i don't think that there is any reason for anyone to leave. this is a COMMUNITY, not a club that closes the door when you walk out. part of what makes us a community is that we CARE about our fellow droid-ers. and that includes you, and everyone else. so we don't want to lose you. i see your contributions all over the place. it would be a huge loss to DF. [translation: dont leave...]

everyone says things they don't mean (or maybe they do mean but realize later that it shouldn't have been said). it's just part of life. and i also think that apologizing for what has been said is the first step to making amends. so ... i say stay :)

Thanks for the kind words vuarnet, I really appreciate it :)

well i'm not up on the circumstances either... but here is my 2 cents...

...like you, i came to DF because i wanted to root my droid and overclock it to "make it faster" and had NO idea what I was getting into. now, i LOVE it. i love helping people and contributing and doing my part to help others enjoy their droids as much as i have enjoyed mine because others have helped me the same way i try to help newcomers.

[forgetting that there are kids among us] we are all adults, and i don't think that there is any reason for anyone to leave. this is a COMMUNITY, not a club that closes the door when you walk out. part of what makes us a community is that we CARE about our fellow droid-ers. and that includes you, and everyone else. so we don't want to lose you. i see your contributions all over the place. it would be a huge loss to DF. [translation: dont leave...]

everyone says things they don't mean (or maybe they do mean but realize later that it shouldn't have been said). it's just part of life. and i also think that apologizing for what has been said is the first step to making amends. so ... i say stay :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

I really appreciate the kind words guys (and girl)! I will not only stay but, give you all a commitment to not fuel any conflicts whatsoever (DF is not the place for that and the community deserves better) from now on! Thank you all!! :)

DroidForums Junkie!!
You're a good guy, and you'd even be better if you tell me more about your TB training :)

As a great man once said, "In a world of doesn't, Droid DOES!! (Stay, that is)."

I have absolutely no idea what happened and I don't care. I've read so many of your posts as you were trying to help people that I feel 100% certain that we need you here!! :)

You know I can't do that...cough Gtalk cough... ;)

DroidForums Junkie!!
You're a good guy, and you'd even be better if you tell me more about your TB training :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

Thanks man, I'm staying :)

As a great man once said, "In a world of doesn't, Droid DOES!! (Stay, that is)."

I have absolutely no idea what happened and I don't care. I've read so many of your posts as you were trying to help people that I feel 100% certain that we need you here!! :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

So what we have here is a basic '' I'm not feeling appreciated, shower attention on me or I'll leave''

Just like a goth kid on facebook threatening suicide for attention...

I don't know what happened... I don't care....I just know this was the oldest forum trick in the world designed for nothing more than the attention of people saying ''please don't leave''

Goodbye threads rarely deliver

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

So what we have here is a basic '' I'm not feeling appreciated, shower attention on me or I'll leave''

Just like a goth kid on facebook threatening suicide for attention...

I don't know what happened... I don't care....I just know this was the oldest forum trick in the world designed for nothing more than the attention of people saying ''please don't leave''

Goodbye threads rarely deliver

So what we have here is a poster who has 551 posts and nearly everyone I have read have been negative towards someone or something.......

If that's how you see it...that's fine. But im not worried if you like me or not.

Im Just telling it like I see it.

Then why comment.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back