tried rooting, stuck in boot loop-HELP

ok, i somehow got it back to factory, so all's well lol

how can i tell if it's still unlocked? i don't think it is...

If the little lock under "Google" is unlocked when you boot up

ok, i just rebooted-it is indeed still unlocked! what do i do now? lol i still want to root

Flash the su zip in clockwork mod. I'm guessing you tried to use the superboot file to root? That file no longer works. That only roots 4.0.2.

Flash the su zip in clockwork mod. I'm guessing you tried to use the superboot file to root? That file no longer works. That only roots 4.0.2.

He'll need to adb push the su.zip file to his phone first, then he'll need to fastboot flash whatever custom recovery he chooses. I recommend the one in my signature.

He'll need to adb push the su.zip file to his phone first, then he'll need to fastboot flash whatever custom recovery he chooses. I recommend the one in my signature.

ok, i have that su.zip on my macbook from the original link in my OP, is that one ok? what does that do anyway? thanks!

ok, i have that su.zip on my macbook from the original link in my OP, is that one ok? what does that do anyway? thanks!

Use the one I've attached below. This simply gives you the superuser.apk and injects the code needed to give you root access. Just flash this in a custom recovery. Like SBenson mentioned, the one in his sig is a very good option.

Use the one I've attached below. This simply gives you the superuser.apk and injects the code needed to give you root access. Just flash this in a custom recovery. Like SBenson mentioned, the one in his sig is a very good option.

huh? lol how do i flash a custom recovery? :biggrin:

huh? lol how do i flash a custom recovery? :biggrin:

Go to SBenson's link and download the toro recovery img and place it in the folder where your fastboot and adb are located. If you used Wug's kit, then it's probably in C:/Wug's_Root_Tool_Kit/data (something along those lines). Then boot your phone to fastboot and connect to your Mac. Open a terminal and cd to your fastboot directory. Then type:

./fastboot flash recovery NameOfYourRecovery.img

I *think* that's how you do it on a Mac.

i used wugs tool kit? i'm sorry i don't understand what all that means lol. i have android file transfer on my mac.

are there any laymen's terms instrucitons you can link for me? thanks!

i used wugs tool kit? i'm sorry i don't understand what all that means lol. i have android file transfer on my mac.

are there any laymen's terms instrucitons you can link for me? thanks!

I was just saying if you used it, that's where it would be. The instructions in the link in your OP are about as cut and dry as you'll find....Just tell me where you're confused and I'll see where I can help. I recently switched to Linux so most of the terminal commands are similar. You already unlocked so you have to have adb and fastboot already set up. cd to the directory that you used to unlock through the terminal with "fastboot oem unlock". Once you are at that directory and have downloaded the recovery img to that directory, type the command I gave you above.

ok, i'm at "choose zip to apply", but the su.zip isn't there to select...

Back