Trillian Coming Soon to Android

Wait, people still use IM clients?

If you use IM, I imagine you would :)

I mean, I tried to give up my IM client and use carrier pigeons, but the damn lag got to be too much....

Ha, was just a lil joke, I just don't use those things anymore. It's all text msging these days it seems. I don't think I've logged onto AIM or anything like it in years.

Trillian is, and will always be, the hot chick from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Well, to me anyways...:)

Ha, was just a lil joke, I just don't use those things anymore. It's all text msging these days it seems. I don't think I've logged onto AIM or anything like it in years.

I can definitely see each having their place -- I live and die by IM (Jabber, to be exact) at my job, so IM is an integral part of my life. I'm often called to "be available" when certain changes are being made, and having an IM client on my phone means I can be in the den with my family logged into Jabber instead of having to be tied to my computer in my study.

Outside of that, though, I don't do much with IM on the phone. Between GV and VZW SMS, the majority of messaging on my phone is via SMS. It works for me, but I have some people who complain that they only get 250 msgs/month, and I've thought about telling them to install Google Talk on their BB and then they wouldn't have to worry about text charges. But, they don't use Gmail, which makes it harder (I've also tried to get him to set up GV, but he's too lazy....).

But yeah, I completely understand.....

very much looking forward to it.. can't find a single im app that can handles service reconnects and not loose messages.

Where in the features list does it say that it will take advantage of the new push notifications in android 2.2? That would be awesome because it would hardly use any battery to stay logged into IM services as compared to solutions now.

ebuddy has worked great for me on having multiple IM's on one program. May not have as many at Trillium, but it does a good job for what it has.

I used Trillian for a while because there was nothing better. Now that I have a Mac I use Adium and it's much better.

1) I wouldn't mind Pidgin either :D
2) I remember when I first heard of / tried using Trillian - what about 10yrs ago or so? I liked it - when it worked.
3) I'm looking forward to getting this one my phone! lol (i want a new semi-fun app) ... i haven't done much with my phone lately, mostly because it's finally the way i like it. The newest app, i believe, is Kindle (that i've installed - well, that and a couple brain games). There just hasn't been anything "new" that has really intrigued me. Honestly, I probably wouldn't use Trillian all that much..maybe...but doubtfully. (i have eBuddy...the most I used it was when i was in bed, my (ex)girlfriend was on a computer on Facebook, and we chatted that way....facebook IM doesn't work that well because if you change the FB page you're on it disconnects, and eventually reconnects you...talk about a pain).

BTW - What is OTR or OPR...whatever?

Meebo IM pretty much does the same thing as Trillian. I just hope Trillian works much better than Meebo when it comes out. Meebo IM has been out a long while now, too.

I agree completely.

I'm posting here so if news of a beta pops up, I'll get a notification :)

I use Trillian on my desktop and would like to have it on my phone as well.

Dude, Meebo handles mutiple chat clients at once and works really well. Trillian is by far not the first!

My problem is that Meebo won't stay connected if I put it in the background and there hasn't been an update to Meebo since I got my Droid in November.

Hopefully Trillian doesn't do the same thing and hopefully they stay on top of keeping it updated.

Somebody port Pidgin!

Back