Troubleshooting: Browser saves .jpg as .html

kowalsky11

Reaction score
Hey guys,
has anyone else experienced this problem on the droid?

basically, i was reading through the forums and i came across Post #141 in the topic http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...17-screenshots-peoples-droid-desktops-15.html and thought that background was really cool.

So that user uploaded it in post #144 and I attempted to download it. I opened up the attachment, clicked on the picture and saved it (save picture), but when I opened it in the download manager, the only applications that would open it were download crutch and html viewer.

I tried using Dolphin Browser to change the filename that I would save it as, all to no avail. It always saves the image as an .html even when I explicitly name it xxxxx.jpg

I have also tried directly saving the link from the post, opening it in html viewer, logging in, and attempting it from there.

Can anyone figure out why this doesn't seem to work?

I am having the same problem. Dolphin Browser does the same thing. Opera mini will save the image as needed to view, but the steps to save it are long. Personally, I did not care much for Opera anyways.

There is an app called Image Leech that will download images with a copy pasted webpage link. Worth looking into. The major downfall I have found is if the images are on a site that requires a login to access.

Back