UD Devs, maybe you can help. Cant connect to MY router since rooting

i would turn mac address off and reset the router to stock settings and try that. and if you connect adjust your features one at a time and see which is causing an issue. bc this is definitely the router and not the phones.

I have the same problem you (and I'm sure a lot of other people) have, and bad news.

The WLAN drivers for the 2.6.32 kernel are a LOT more buggy than the drivers for 2.6.29. TI made a lot of changes between versions and the WEP/WPA implementation seems a lot less robust in the new version. If you watch kmsg while the phone is trying to connect I bet you're going to see a bunch of errors from the WLAN driver in there (assuming the driver was built to display debug messages, most I've seen are).

If you want you could post a snippet from running tail on /proc/kmsg (or just run dmesg) while you try to connect to your router. There'll probably be a bunch of messages from the TIWLAN driver, possibly saying things like parse errors etc.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution other than to use a different router. I have good luck with a Linksys WRT400N. Some builds of the driver are less buggy (I've seen a bunch of kernels with older versions of the driver), but even the one that google shipped with 2.2 is still not that solid and I've had problems with. Sometimes rebooting the router fixed the problem for awhile for me but it's still not 100%.

If you re-flash, use another sbf. Sounds like maybe it's corrupted.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

I would like to try the MAC address change as I really think this is key to the issue because even when I wipe and reinstall it still shows the AP as a remembered one. Unfourtunately my router does not have an option to change the LAN mac address and nothing I can find to clear out the MAC tables.

My moms droid 1 is having the same issue. My D2 and sisters INC connect with no issues.

Back