Unexplained battery drain

@FoxKat ....so here is my reasoning and explanation for why I do my battery evaluations the way I do them. I did go to school for a year to learn electronics engineering. Most of your quoted information is very accurate! I do believe everything you stated to be truth!

NOW, let's discuss...
The screen on an electronics device requires around 3.3 volts to operate. My battery on my S4 states it is 4338 millivolts when fully charged. It was at 3302 when the phone shuts off approximately! This in turn would stand to reason that I still have 1.2 volts of headroom until the battery enters protection mode. The screen well not power on if there is not enough electricity to operate it. NOW...by waiting a few minutes the electrons that are hard bonded to the surfaces inside the battery will loosen and release from the substrate. Allowing them to me converted and used. Allowing for a clean slate! ;) by doing this every six months it will re-polarize the surfaces inside the battery to maintain full capacity. I would never tell anyone to use anything other then the device to discharge. Just think about it for a bit and hit me with your questions! ;)

So as a follow up to this, it might be too early to tell, but my phone prompted me for an OTA update last night. I let it run, and charged it overnight like I always do. Still running 4.4.2 - but the build and kernel info updated.

I did not remove any apps or whatnot since I first posted in this thread round Thanksgiving.

Took the phone off the charger this morning about 8am, 5 hours later I'm running at 92% which is immensely better than what I had been seeing since the last OTA in August when the problem started.

Back