Unknown Reason -18?

jmontf

Reaction score
I've been trying to update Angry Birds but every time i try, it says update unsuccessful then a black box comes on the screen saying Unknown Reason -18. Also when im texting or just looking through my phone, a smile window at the bottom of the screen comes up saying Failed To Create Transport followed by a japanese letter and an E. Sometimes it would be followed by an ' and two boxes. Can anyone help?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Not sure about the Failed to create transport thing, but I'm pretty sure that is a separate issue.

As for the angry birds unknown error thing there has been two solutions.

A. Unmount the SD card (it's in settings) install the app and then remount the SD card. This isn't a fix though it's more of a work around. You can still run into the problem with other apps, of which you'd still have to redo that process.

B. Connect your phone to your computer, set in usb mass storage mode. Look for a hidden folder called ".android_secure" and then delete the file "smdl2tmp1.asec". Unmount and you should be good to go.

I had the same problem, it worked for me.

B. Connect your phone to your computer, set in usb mass storage mode. Look for a hidden folder called ".android_secure" and then delete the file "smdl2tmp1.asec". Unmount and you should be good to go.

I had the same problem, it worked for me.

Excelent thank you, I've been looking everywhere for a solution to this and it was here all along.

Back