Unrooting and Saving Apps for a Trade

eems

Reaction score
Aloha Forum,

I need some advice on how to go switching Droid X to Droid X, I'll be trading my Droid X (rooted) for a non rooted DX. The most important information to me is advice for the best way of saving the apps. Contacts, emails, calendars, text messages, I don't care about.

I also need to unroot my phone afterward, what's the best way of doing that? My buddy rooted it for me so I'm having some difficulty on my own.

Mahalo for your time and response. =D

Hmmmm, are the apps you install from the Android Market (and Amazon Market) tied to the Google account and the user and not the phone? Don't you just deactivate the old phone, activate the new phone and it will automatically download all your apps from the market assuming they still exist?

Admittedly I'm ignorant insofar as how this is supposed to or actually does work so perhaps my assumption is flawed. I'd like to know though...

I have 2 x's. You can check my post under Droid x tech issues (posted around April 23). People walked me through RSD lite to get my original one back to stock. I think you'll need to do this before you return it. It doesn't have service but does work on wifi. I HAD titanium pro root (still do) and backed up everything before I screwed original phone up. When I got new x and loaded sd card from old phone, purchased market Apps were there. Contacts came back via verizon sync. Stuff like angry birds was gone. Z4 root did not have to be redone. Your new X will only have 2 gb card. I'm a newbie here but hope I explained it in a way that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
I use Top Android Apps and Games in the Android Market | AppBrain.com to restore apps to a new phone. I have changed phones twice in the last few weeks and it makes life a lot easier.

I did a sync with the old phone on appbrain and then activated the new one. First thing I did (after my google account of course) afterward was to get on market and download the appbrain app then log in with the new phone and run a sync. I think you can do it all on the phone, but I find it easier to go to the website. It will create a list of apps for the new phone and you just move all the apps from the old to the new one. One final sync and you are done. They have help files to get you through if you have questions on the process.

I have 2 x's. You can check my post under Droid x tech issues (posted around April 23). People walked me through RSD lite to get my original one back to stock. I think you'll need to do this before you return it. It doesn't have service but does work on wifi. I HAD titanium pro root (still do) and backed up everything before I screwed original phone up. When I got new x and loaded sd card from old phone, purchased market Apps were there. Contacts came back via verizon sync. Stuff like angry birds was gone. Z4 root did not have to be redone. Your new X will only have 2 gb card. I'm a newbie here but hope I explained it in a way that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Back