Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

As least we're getting a fix for the GPS, that I will be satisified for a while. Hate waiting for the GPS to lock on after 10-20 minutes.

I never had a problem with the gps, either using wifi or 3G (gps needs to be turned on if using 3G)

-Cloud

Any ideas on when this update is hitting our phones?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Yea does anyone have it on there phone?

How do you know this?

Don't bother asking, because its wrong. Verizon does not touch the software that runs on the phones, they simply tell the manufacturer what their requirements are. The "bloatware" is added to the firmware image by Samsung before its released to Verizon for testing.

If something as simple as a menu item being spelled wrong comes up, its back to Samsung to update and re-release.

I trashed the 2.2 open source, but I am sure I can recover it for proof. Also, the link was posted on android central

Samsung Galaxy S Froyo Source Code yanked | Android 4

I guess it was removed after a day

-Cloud

If you can really, REALLY, honestly recover it, it'd be great if you could give it to the adrynalyne or jt1134 or punk.kaos or birdman so they can build it into a rom. Or upload it somewhere at least...

Just called verizon tech suppot, they know nothing other than it is coming. Great support there verizon

If we are rooted, will we still get three update?

No updates in the chicago area... day isnt over YET. Hope to wake up to SOMETHING tommorow to start my day. Still better then the moto droid x...

Come on people, gps is fixed by downloading GPS Status or GPS Test from the market. Run the app before opening gps. Problem fixed.

I wish they'd hurry up. I'm tired of this lagging until the point I have to pull the battery.

Nothing here in virginia.

Back