USB motoconnect and sdcard nightmares

bestresearcher

Reaction score
Hi, I believe that these problems are interconnected:

1. I am running Windows Vista on a 64 bit laptop. I have a droid x.
2. Somehow, I added motoconnect. I could care less about transferring media files. I DO care about transferring files (html, pdf and doc files) to and from my laptop and Droid X.
3. Every time I use the USB cable from phone to computer, I get the darn(!)
motoconnect logo on my laptap. When I open mycomputer, I see everything on my Droid except my sdcard files. I want to transfer my files from my laptop to a folder on my sdcard. I cannot do it. I have tried every connection mode possible with the USB settings on my Droid.
4. So, I want my USB to recognize a mounted sdcard in every respect. I would also like to get rid of motoconnect---how can I do this?
5. Any apps available for easing file swapping between these two devices?

Thanks - Phil

USB Connection

When you connect the USB cable, drag the notifications down from the top of the Droid screen. Hit "USB Connection"; you'll see a window that lets you change settings. To see the SD card, change it to "USB Mass Storage" -then hit OK at the bottom. That will allow you to almost instantly see the SD card via Explorer. Once you're done with transfers, though, it's best to return to the "PC Mode" setting: it takes up a lot less battery energy that way.

MotoConnect

And just go into "add/remove programs" in Windows to remove MotoConnect. I can't see any practical use for it, either.

Back