Verizon confirms 1Ghz CPU & Free Droid X giveaway?! From new official Twitter page

kamk2k8

Reaction score
"DroidLanding, Verizon's new Twitter page for the Droid family, confirms Droid X will have 1Ghz OMAP CPU and releases clues to possible whereabouts of free phones!

From DroidLanding:

"The next generation of does is coming soon, but you might get yours before that. Droid X phones are hidden across the country. Follow us for clues."

"REPORT: Droid X units have escaped! Get the stats on them at Droid Does | The Next Generation of Does by Verizon Wireless . Forewarned is forearmed."

"ATTN: Droid designate #5 escaped secure location 6 hours and counting. Witnesses noticed it heading in a southern direction.""

Full Story

Edit: Motorola's R & D Lab is in Illinois so that makes the location of #5...still incredibly vague...

Edit 2: DroidLife has been notified that the Snapdragon was indeed a mistaken, not premature, tweet, it is an OMAP but still 1Ghz =D

Last edited:
I thought the 1ghz snapdragon tweet was deleted? I am still not a believer that Moto has moved away from the TI Processor. But, then again... what do I know lol.

Mojo, it's misinformation. There is not a chance in hello the Moto's will be sporting that processor. Do NOT believe everything you read from knuckleheads on twitter.

I should set up an account @CK_Motorola and spread all kinds of craziness lol

Mojo, it's misinformation. There is not a chance in hello the Moto's will be sporting that processor. Do NOT believe everything you read from knuckleheads on twitter.

I double dog dare ya! :D

That's what happens when you let marketing people access the internet without engineering department proofing what they write.

Interesting lol I hope they don't expect us to drive to these locations hahaha

I double dog dare ya! :D

+1!! Always good for causing panic amongst the masses! :icon_ banana:

Back