Verizon Summer Catalog Leaks! Droid 2 Unofficially Now "Official"

No Fascinate. I wonder if it is because they are showcasing the Droid X and Droid 2 or if they are making Samsung lock down the Fascinate? Ohh there's a conspiracy theory for ya!

was wondering the same thing too. i was hoping the fascinate would come out next month so i can compare it to Dx for my wife.

Keep in mind, this is the Summer/Fall catalog, which kindof makes sense: Hold off the next best phones until Black Friday (by that time, LTE should launch... so who knows, an LTE phone for the holidays?).

again, the only troubling thing to me is the lack of a mention for the Fascinate.

I've heard folks say they think that little thing your seeing on the droid2 is actually the proximity sensor...

You guys are missing one thing....."UNLIMITED DATA", no tier from what I see !!

You guys are missing one thing....."UNLIMITED DATA", no tier from what I see !!

It's still there!!!!!

attachment.php

Top left corner of Droid 2, what is that I'm seeing???? Is it a camera or something?????

To me, looks like a Notification LED.
Looked at my droid 1 under a lamp it has the exact same three spots, what are they a prox sensor, led. and light detector for auto brightness? no upgrade or even change really :unsure: kinda disheartening, cant wait till black friday :icon_ banana:.

Well, Droid 2 is a major let down to me at this point.

No HD video capture, no camera upgrade, garbage, garbage, garbage. I'll stick with what I have and am happy with. The only thing they got right on the Droid2 is the 512 RAM, which is what should have been in the Droid.

Fail Moto, Fail. I'll be going with HTC on my next phone, especially if they keep it up with the signed bootloaders.

This isn't a big enough jump over the Moto Droid for me to get excited about, especially if they lock the boot loader.

Am I missing something?

I think the purpose of the new Droid 2 is for those who have yet to purchase a smartphone and were looking at the Moto Droid. This is a just a fixed up version of the original Droid. If you don't want a 4.3 screen, or you want a physical keyboard, then the Droid 2 may be a perfect choice.
Uh, Droid2 does have a physical keyboard.

i don't think we have to worry about unlimited data going away until lte arrives.

I don't understand the point of the Droid X/Droid 2 if you're running a hacked Droid already? From what I can tell, the processors in the Droid X/Droid 2 are still a Cortex A8 inside an OMAP3 SoC. This means, at most you might get 300-400MHz more in overclock vs what you can get on a Droid, but it's not going to be a significant difference.

With the Droid 2 hardware being so similar to the Droid, just OC your Droid to 1.1 and call it good. The Droid X might be worthwhile if it weren't locked down so that you could use the added features from the camera/screen (720p playback is nice).

Back