voicemail says callers name

jt2006

Reaction score
So this is weird..

A friend of mine called me and it went to voicemail. I haven't set up my voicemail since I got the phone so it is stock. When he got the machine it said "hi Tyler, Justin is not avaible... etc.

The point is the machine said my name and his name. Now I already knew it said my name but what freaks me out is how it knew imy friends name. So far he is the only one that does it for. I have the youmail visual voicemail apparently but I don't think that's it.

The only thing I have for this Guy is a Facebook connection. Just trying to figure out why it does it for him and no one else.

On a serious note, IF you have Verizon Visual Voice Mail or Google Voice it can be set up to do what you are talking about, you can have custom greetings for individual callers.

I've had Youmail for a while and it freaks people out when the voicemail says their name. I love it. You can take the setting off if you want, or if you get the paid version you can customize all sorts of things.

Where are those settings because it only does it for one of my friends

does anybody know how to get youmail to say peoples name

If you log in to your youmail account on their website you can upload a copy of your phonebook to the account and any number that calls you with a matching number to that phonebook it will use their name.

My grandmother calls me often and she honestly thinks someone is taking a message for me, her messages always start with "will you tell him his grandmother called.. etc"

yeeeup it's youmail and it only does it to the ppl you have added on their website. i think you need to import yur contacts for all of them to use that. i can't remember. i use a different greeting for all my favs then the voicemail hell one for everyone else lol (my boss hates it) :D

If you log in to your youmail account on their website you can upload a copy of your phonebook to the account and any number that calls you with a matching number to that phonebook it will use their name.

My grandmother calls me often and she honestly thinks someone is taking a message for me, her messages always start with "will you tell him his grandmother called.. etc"

OMG That's so cute. I love it! thanks for the info

Back