What droid should I get?

how the hell are your download speeds so high?

Don't use the droid app for speedtest, it doesnt work properly on LTE, just get the skyfire browser from marketplace and run speedtest from the skyfire browser.
Its a more accurate representation of actual speed. This wasn't the fastest speed either I have hit 38 Mb/s down it seems the upload is capped at 5Mb/s. It also seems dependent on signal strength. One bar gets me around 10Mb/s, 2 bars ~15-20Mb/s , 3 bars = 20-35Mb/s, 4 bars = ??? I'm sure once the load increases the speed will drop some.

those numbers can't be right, can they? That is insane download speed. I can't get my comp download speed that high even if i plug into my modem and I pay for the fastest broadband verizon offers.

Yeah LTE is faster then over 90% of home ISP's it is definitely going to change the way internet service is done. You have to consider that is the first rendition of LTE you know that it will better when the next version of LTE comes out...
That being said Verizon's Fastest home internet service is FIOS which is still WAY faster especially for uploads. Verizon | High Speed Internet (DSL) | Broadband Internet Service | FiOS Features

On Verizon there is nothing out there that comes close to thunderbolt. And doesn't look like it will haven competition till late summer/early fall when targa get released, if ever.
Another reason to get thunderbolt now is for unlimited data plan as future phones will have tiered plans, but you will get grandfathered in under your current one.
Oh and upload on LTE isn't capped at 5mbps, as I'm getting constant 12 in my area.
Choice is simple if you need a new phone now.

Sent from Tapatalk on Thunderbolt

On Verizon there is nothing out there that comes close to thunderbolt. And doesn't look like it will haven competition till late summer/early fall when targa get released, if ever.
Another reason to get thunderbolt now is for unlimited data plan as future phones will have tiered plans, but you will get grandfathered in under your current one.
Oh and upload on LTE isn't capped at 5mbps, as I'm getting constant 12 in my area.
Choice is simple if you need a new phone now.

Sent from Tapatalk on Thunderbolt

the thunderbolt isnt even that great of a phone i got to use one for a week and after three days i put it back in the box. yeah its got fast internet but thats all it has to offer over the droid 1. The rest of the phones operations aren't any faster then the droid 1. This isnt the thunderbolts fault this is just the limitations on the slow antiquated android operating system.

until the android OS gets a complete overhaul the new phones will never be able to perform to their fullest extent.

Back