what is DEODEXED

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I keep seein it everwhere when talking about themes. I am trying to get into themeing my DX and hopefully one day making themes. but I have no idea what DEODEXED is.

DROID X Credited with Easy Deodex/Odex by 928 DROID

Check this for an easy way to deodex. I'm about to root and try it :)

Just downloaded it myself, but I've yet to find any comment on its efficaciousness, so I'm still waffling a bit. As soon as I have a few minutes/hours/days I'll probably try it. I've gotten as far as installing Koush and Rom Manager, and making my nandroid backup...might as well....

This appears to be a quick method to deodex your DX. Has anyone tried it? I am slowly building up the nerve to root and deodex my DX. Thanks.

Thanks. I was wondering other terms as welll and this answered them.

Droid does better than ianything.

i wouldnt doubt any of 928's products, if thats whats holding u back.

What's holding me back is not knowing what the stuff is that I would be messing with. I don't want to screw something up that I can't undo. Right now im just trying to learn as much as I can before messing with stuff.

well if you dont know what youre doing id suggest holding off until you figure out what a certain process actually does..

I don't plan on it. I don't wanna screw stuff up. I want to learn theming first and foremost.

Well I did it and it really couldn't have been easier. I followed the provided instructions, and after an agonizing wait at the red eye (all of maybe 2-3 minutes), I got me a deodexed phone with a black notification bar and some spiffy new icons. Thank you 928!

For the more anal retentive Droiders (like me) the instructions aren't super exact, like hitting the back key after it finishes to get to the reboot option. A deep breath and some basic common sense will carry you through the process fine. It was very refreshing after the clusterf**** that was my rooting experience. I hope Easy Root adapts soon.

See post #4 on previous page, you can d/l it on your PC and move it to your SD card. As stated before, it was easy.

Back