wifi connection issues

CPAaz

Reaction score
I love my maxx hd but it has a problem connecting to wifi. I can be sitting right in front of a router and it struggles to connect.

Once it does connect it rarely has a full four bars. Anyone share these issues?

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Mine works great on Wifi. Have you tried to reboot the router and see if that helps?

OP
CPAaz

CPAaz

Reaction score
Yes, numerous times. I will call Verizon tech support and see if they have any ideas.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I love my maxx hd but it has a problem connecting to wifi. I can be sitting right in front of a router and it struggles to connect.

Once it does connect it rarely has a full four bars. Anyone share these issues?

It honestly sounds like maybe u have a bad Wifi antenna. It seems like a hardware problem.

OP
CPAaz

CPAaz

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. This forum is great. I should have mentioned that I have 2 iPads and an iPhone in the family with no issues at all.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Different operating systems, different chipsets, different drivers, all come into play. 9 devices may work fine but the 10th may not like that router config. The good news is that if you get the Android device working the other probably will still work just fine.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I would also think that how his phone's configuration is set up also comes into play here also.
Does he use auto configuration of manual entry of DNS, DHCP and default gateway?
What channel is the router configured to use by default, Ch. 6, or does it run in Ad-Hoc mode?
Band plans come into play here as well. Running mode A, B, G or N...As default, or auto-selected?