Wireless Charging on your SGS4 in 20 minutes...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
That's easy here.. 3 secs power off. 10 secs remove Otterbox /battery.. 5 secs insert new battery /Otterbox... 2 secs boot up... Wow 100%... Me like.. Hehe

N2 Tap'd

OP
Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about a link to a reliable (inexpensive) charging pad? Never even considered having one before but now that I see it doesn't really add bulk to the phone, it might be worth looking into.

The Nokia one is like $40 to $50

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Wow! I read the title and thought .. the phone took 20 secs to charge!!.. LOL
Thanks for the info, sounds like a cool way to charge without the cat chewing up the cord (I forget to put mine away occasionally).

OP
Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, I could probably change the title to be more descriptive... Anyhow, I like the idea that I have one on my desk at the office (when I'm actually there) , and on my nightstand. I use it to prevent my charging port from getting torn up over time. Plus it's so easy to just pick it up, and put it down.

Wow! I read the title and thought .. the phone took 20 secs to charge!!.. LOL
Thanks for the info, sounds like a cool way to charge without the cat chewing up the cord (I forget to put mine away occasionally).

ktklein72

Reaction score
If you could post the link to the Amazon seller from whom you purchased the coil I'm sure everyone following this thread would be grateful - I know I would. This way we all know it's a reputable source. Can't be too careful when shopping on Amazon, especially when the item is coming from overseas. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

reybie

Reaction score
I saw the same receiver on ebay for $12+ but it's coming in from China/Hong Kong. I don't really need it yet but one of this days when my impulse buy kicks in.

OP
Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Thetaman

Reaction score
Mandy, does the receiver make the back battery cover bulge out any or is it look normal? I'm really tempted to get one of those from Ebay.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
What makes the Galaxy S4 "Wireless Charging Capable"? Could this be made to work with any compatible Samsung smartphone, or any wireless device?

Thetaman

Reaction score
What makes the Galaxy S4 "Wireless Charging Capable"? Could this be made to work with any compatible Samsung smartphone, or any wireless device?

The phone has two prongs on the upper left that enable it to work. That's why the receiver has that extended piece from it. The extension attaches or connects to those prongs.

jseah

Reaction score
The phone has two prongs on the upper left that enable it to work. That's why the receiver has that extended piece from it. The extension attaches or connects to those prongs.

And contrast that with the Note 2, which has the wireless charging contacts on the phone motherboard, but Verizon chose to have Samsung make it inaccessible by covering it with the case.

Thetaman

Reaction score
And contrast that with the Note 2, which has the wireless charging contacts on the phone motherboard, but Verizon chose to have Samsung make it inaccessible by covering it with the case.

Yeah, surprisingly shocked that Verizon left it available to us after deny it with the S3 and Note2 by covering up the prongs. We actually didn't get screwed for once, lol.