Wireless teathering?

Anyone figured a way to teather without paing the extra $30 a month?

Root and then wireless tether for Root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I'm tethered using the wifitether apk. Very simple to root and unlock these phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

As expected wireless tetheriing works very well with the Nexus!

Of course the first place to start is root access. Then do what the guys above said.

How do I root. Treat me like a child...:)

I have not rooted. Installed app called wifi hotspot (free trial. 9.99 to buy) and wifi hotspot works for my Galaxy Tabs and my laptop. Pretty sure I found it due to an earlier thread on this forum.

I work in an environment where I allow people to use my mobile hot spot..

How ever. I heard that the nexus doesn't show you whose connected or how many devices are connected.

Is this true? Any suggestions??

I work in an environment where I allow people to use my mobile hot spot..

How ever. I heard that the nexus doesn't show you whose connected or how many devices are connected.

Is this true? Any suggestions??

Wifi tether does show what mac addesses are connected. Ypu can also set up an access list to only allow certain mac addresses to connect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I saw someone post about elixir widget allowing this without a subscription prompt. Thought they were probably mistaken but I downloaded and was shocked they were correct. Created a hot spot toggle widget and wala it worked perfectly. No root no prompt to subscribe just worked. I use it rarely so its OK for me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I saw someone post about elixir widget allowing this without a subscription prompt. Thought they were probably mistaken but I downloaded and was shocked they were correct. Created a hot spot toggle widget and wala it worked perfectly. No root no prompt to subscribe just worked. I use it rarely so its OK for me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Could you explain how you use this app to get wifi tethering? Thanks

Could you explain how you use this app to get wifi tethering? Thanks

I just put the widget on my screen set as a hotspot toggle and it worked. i configured encryption on the hotspot. tested it with my galaxy tab 10.1 and couldnt believe it worked. i dont subscribe and i got no prompt to do so. i tried turning on hotspot on release day and was prompted which i declined. with this it worked though

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Confirmed. "wifi hotspot and tether" works. One time $9.99. No carrier portal to go through. No root needed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back